First of a two-part series on the wild turkey in Kentucky — remnant flocks, limited hunting opportunities and early restoration efforts. It’s not unusual to drive down a country road in late March or early April and see a group of wild turkey hens being “courted” by a strutting gobbler in...
By Keith Taylor KyForward Senior Sports Writer Struggling Missouri surprisingly gave No. 11 Kentucky all it could handle, but the Tigers didn’t have an answer for Bam Adebayo. The Kentucky freshman forward...
Between 2010 and 2012 things couldn’t have gotten much worse for Pete Brown. Starting in 2010, he found himself on probation, unemployed, and in two motorcycle accidents in a six short months. Those...
“With President Barack Obama out of office, the debate over ‘Obamacare’ is becoming less about ‘Obama’ and more about ‘care,’ greatly complicating the issue for...
Subscribe to Business
SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket successfully launched Space Tango payloads on Commercial Resupply Services – 10 (CRS-10) on Feb. 19 from Cape Canaveral,...
- More »
- Winchester-based Delta Natural Gas announces merger agreement with Peoples Natural Gas
- BBB Trends: Is it a scam or a sales pitch? Be skeptical, proactive -- and remember Scam Tracker
- Four Roses Bourbon, Derby Festival partner to sponsor 14th annual Rose Julep contest March 2
- Bluegrass & Backroads: A visit to historic and beautiful Keeneland is always a safe bet
- Murray State's Town & Gown Program contributes $25,000 to building to attract future industry
Subscribe to Government
The Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet has been awarded federal funds to host a State Victim Assistance Academy, which trains groups that assist...
- More »
- Legislative Briefs: Opioid education bill clears House; Bill would create new veterans' nursing home
- Keeping a Positive Attitude: Hard work, persistence pays off for Brown thanks to Amteck training
- Bevin names Dupree Fayette County Judge-Executive; two to child sexual abuse board
- Bevin adds Kentucky to 25 states challenging handgun carry rights law in California
- Anderson, Graves counties earn certification as Kentucky Work Ready Communities, Heiner says
Subscribe to Health
“With President Barack Obama out of office, the debate over ‘Obamacare’ is becoming less about ‘Obama’ and more about ‘care,’...
- More »
- Study analysis of hospital safety estimates more than 200,000 preventable facility-related deaths each year
- SmartHealthToday: How much caffeine is too much? Some ideas to help you evaluate your habit
- Rural Blog: Repealing Medicaid expansion provision of ACA could leave more rural hospitals at risk
- Kentucky Health Issues Poll: Health insurance still uncertain for two in 10 state adults age 18-64
- Lester Walters' heart was 'broken,' so UK HealthCare doctors gave him an artificial replacement
Subscribe to Philanthropy
In just four days, 954 of University of Kentucky’s students will stand and dance for 24 hours in UK’s Memorial Coliseum in an effort to raise money...
- More »
- UK celebrating 'everything engineering has to offer' with free E-Day festival on Saturday
- Kentucky State Police raffling Jeep Wrangler to support Trooper Island Camp for children
- UK College of Law, United Way of the Bluegrass again providing free tax preparation starting Feb. 20
- American Red Cross urges celebration of Red Cross Month by donating blood in March
- State Association of Nonprofits presents annual advocacy awards to members, legislators
Subscribe to Education
Kelly Mayes of Bryan Station High School was recently presented the 2017 Outstanding Service Award from the Kentucky chapter of the American String Teachers...
- More »
- DOCJT Public Safety Dispatch Academy graduates 21 officers in latest training class
- Confucius Institute Spring Break program introduces kids to Chinese language, culture
- Bellarmine University names Loyola Maryland's Donovan as its fourth president
- Award-winning Israeli writer-activist Grossman to speak, conduct book-signing at UofL on March 7
- UK Opera Theatre season takes comedic turn with performances of Rossini's Barber of Seville
Subscribe to Sports
First of a two-part series on the wild turkey in Kentucky — remnant flocks, limited hunting opportunities and early restoration efforts. It’s not...
- More »
- Adebayo records first double-double in SEC play to lead Cats to 72-62 road win over Missouri
- ACC lead, possible No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament on the line as Cards meet hot Tar Heels
- Morehead State women topple Tennessee Tech for 20th win of the season, No. 2 seed in OVC tourney
- Following bowl run, UK athletics announces slight increase in prices for season football tickets for 2017
- Hawkins' confidence-level soars to an all-time high going into sunset of his UK career
Subscribe to News
The Lexington-Fayette County Health Department is notifying parents at Veterans Park Elementary School and a Lexington daycare facility of a confirmed...
- More »
- Lexmark unveils new imaging solution software to allow hospitals to go paperless
- Kentucky Horse Racing Commission reaches agreement in out-of-competition sample violation
- Participating communities reported investments of over $109 million from Kentucky Main St. Program
- Kentucky's Medicaid expansion covered 78 percent of five preventive health screenings last year
- State Senate approves sweeping education reform bill; measure moves to House for consideration
Subscribe to Region/State
Tonight’s POWERBALL jackpot is up to an estimated $403 million. The cash option for the estimated $403 million POWERBALL jackpot is $243.9 million. ...
- More »
- Kentucky Farm Bureau sends 300 members to Washington to discuss agriculture issues
- Kentucky Historical Society awards grants from local history trust fund to preserve, tell stories
- Kentucky by Heart: Diverse sampling of stories best illustrate, explain life in the Blue Grass state
- Legislative Update: Measures addressing heroin, illegal opioids highlight week of action
- Gayle Pille: No shortage of squirrels in Kentucky -- where there are trees, there are squirrels
Subscribe to Living
So you’ve given vent to that incessant string of words that has been rattling around in your brain for some time. You’ve actually sat down and written...
- More »
- Jamie Vaught: Books on Obama, 2016 Presidential race among recommended reading offerings
- Award-winning actress Viola Davis will headline Speak Blue event at Singletary Center on March 2
- Daily Yonder: Foreman exam included an unexpected hurdle -- a high speed trip over mountain roads
- Campbellsville University to host Transylvania pianist Greg Partain on Feb. 23 for Beethoven performance
- Your Kentucky Home: Tips on the best ways to warm up your bedroom
Subscribe to Opinion
By Ryan Quarles Special to KyForward You are proud to be a farmer. That is why you buy farm license plates for your farm vehicles. When you renew your...
- More »
- Constance Alexander: New York Times best seller 'Out of My Mind' inspires community forum
- Commentary: AARP Kentucky fighting to protect Medicare from increased cost, risk
- Commentary: Congress, White House working together to bring relief to coal country
- Commentary: During Valentine's Day week, how about showing some love for our public schools?
- Bill Straub: Focusing on results and not the theatrics, McConnell thinks Trump is doing just fine