Ain’t In No Hurry wasn’t — until he finally got to race at age 7; then he hurried right to Winner’s Circle
By Jenny Reis Ellis Park reporter Ain’t In No Hurry certainly proved appropriately named when it came to getting to the races. But the 7-year-old gelding wasted no time getting to the winner’s circle, leading most of the way in his first start ever to take Ellis Park’s second race on Friday by...
By Lee McClellan Special to KyForward Although Kentucky is baking in the hottest temperatures of the year, hunters will be afield in a little over a month pursuing migratory birds such as dove, wood duck,...
By Keith Taylor KyForward senior sports writer In what is being hailed as a game-changer for the program, Kentucky unveiled its new $45 million football training facility this week. The new facility, adjacent...
East Kentucky Power Cooperative (EKPC) has filed a request with the Kentucky Public Service Commission (PSC) to construct an 8.5-megawatt solar project in Clark County, Ky. If approved, the cooperative...
Subscribe to Business
By Alan Cornett Special to KyForward Back in the spring I was impressed with the new direction standby family restaurant Frisch’s was cooking up. Frisch’s...
- More »
- Ashland declares dividend, announces advancement of Valvoline strategy, names new member of board
- Keven Moore: OSHA waving a bigger stick as fines could increase 80 percent for employers
- BBB Trends: New restrictions on telemarketers -- look for relief, but register with Do Not Call Registry
- More 'sunny' nonstop destinations coming as Frontier expands service from CVG this fall
- Lexington Bluegrass Area Minority Business Expo sets 14th annual meeting for Aug. 4
Subscribe to Government
East Kentucky Power Cooperative (EKPC) has filed a request with the Kentucky Public Service Commission (PSC) to construct an 8.5-megawatt solar project...
- More »
- Danville-Boyle County Economic Development Partnership votes to oppose pipeline proposal
- Public health officials caution pregnant women to avoid traveling to Zika-affected areas
- State reports serious outbreak of norovirus at Republican National Convention
- Major Mountain Parkway restaurant row project in Salyersville nears start of construction
- Brewco Marketing Group to expand operations in Muhlenberg County, 18 new jobs created
Subscribe to Health
By Melissa Patrick Kentucky Health News At a legislative committee meeting this week, health advocates urged the administration of Gov. Matt Bevin to make...
- More »
- Appalachian Health and Well-Being Forum set for Whitesburg extension office July 25
- Coach Colene: News flash! Don't be afraid to ask for what you want in life
- Ear-opening experience: UK surgeon works to extend cochlear implant program to Appalachia
- SmartHealthToday: Pokemon Go gets kids outside and active -- but set some boundaries
- Third annual hepatitis conference scheduled July 26 in Lexington; Hepatitis C Town Hall July 28 in Hazard
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Whitmor is putting its design skills and creativity to use for a special cause, creating a bright and cheerful pattern specifically for St. Jude Children’s...
- More »
- Central Kentucky blood donors will receive gift cards for back-to-school supplies in July
- Funds originally set aside to rebuild defunct church donated to Sunrise Children’s Services
- Lexington Habitat: Family from Republic of Congo will soon have a new home following project
- Close to his Heart: Morehead football coach Rob Tenyer, Eagles promote organ donation
- Patient turned advocate Ann Hanley inspires fundraiser for Parkinson's research
Subscribe to Education
The University of Louisville is among the top 100 universities in the world that were granted U.S. utility patents for 2015. UofL ranked in a five-way...
- More »
- Campbellsville University names Peavler new director of alumni relations
- University of Pikeville to open nation's largest optometric college soon
- Higher Ed Assistance Authority urges students to check KEES scholarship accounts for accuracy
- EKU again listed among great college to work for by Chronicle of Higher Education
- Express Enrollment at all Kentucky Community and Technical College campuses this week
Subscribe to Sports
By Russ Brown KyForward correspondent LOUISVILLE — Wrapping up news, notes and quotes from the Atlantic Coast Conference’s two-day football...
- More »
- Former UK track and field standout Kendra Harrison shatters world record in 100-meter hurdles
- Kentucky Afield Outdoors: Some changes for the upcoming early migratory bird seasons
- Billy Reed: A trip back to Cincinnati to see the Reds brings back fond memories of better times
- Game-changer: Kentucky's new $45 million football training facility gives Wildcats competitive edge
- Hilltoppers picked to finish second in C-USA East Division race in media poll
Subscribe to News
The first instance of laboratory-confirmed infection with Zika virus in Lexington was recently identified in a Fayette County infant born to a woman who...
- More »
- Lexmark sharholders approve merger agreement with Apex Technology, PAG Asia Capital
- Study finds no link between tighter controls on opioids and increased heroin usage
- Lexington ranks 10th overall, first among large cities for first-time home-buyers, WalletHub says
- Kentucky's 40 percent surcharge for smokers on Obamacare plans hasn't led them to quit
- Needle exchange programs becoming more wide-spread as HIV, hepatitis outbreaks slow
Subscribe to Region/State
Ain’t In No Hurry wasn’t — until he finally got to race at age 7; then he hurried right to Winner’s CircleBy Jenny Reis Ellis Park reporter Ain’t In No Hurry certainly proved appropriately named when it came to getting to the races. But the 7-year-old gelding...
- More »
- Fun-for-all at Ellis Park -- ostrich race, camel race, and Dial Me wins in second start for his 200 owners
- Kentucky's unemployment rate for June falls to 5 percent, lower than figures from last year
- Salato Wildlife Education Center hosting Hunting and Fishing Day on Aug. 6
- UofL to celebrate Crawford Gym, former players as historic landmark give way to modern classroom
- Ellsworth selected new head of Boyle County Industrial Foundation board of directors
Subscribe to Living
We fantasize about being the recipient of large financial windfall: winning the lottery, getting a huge bonus at work, receiving an inheritance from a...
- More »
- Your Kentucky Home: How to choose the best countertops for your home
- Calling prospective actors: Extras needed for movie in production near Springfield
- In the Face of the Storm: Participants in Kentucky Baptist Disaster Relief Program always ready to help
- One small step takes Armstrong's space suit to CVG from Museum Center on anniversary of 'giant leap'
- Murray-Calloway County Endowment for Health Care receives Arts Access grant
Subscribe to Opinion
By Col Owens Special to KyForward I am a recently retired senior attorney from the Legal Aid Society of Southwest Ohio. During my career I concentrated...
- More »
- Jeff Rubin: Affordable housing issues demand creative thinking and action
- Bill Straub: Bevin's claim of ignorance over removal of Jane Beshear's name from center has hollow ring
- Commentary: #KeepKYCovered coalition speaks out about risks to well-being of Bevin health proposal
- Commentary: Public deserves answers from presidential candidates about social security
- Constance Alexander: Family health pioneer, Frontier Nursing founder Mary Breckinridge inspired by loss