Just Short: North Carolina edges Wildcats on last-second shot to deny UK a return trip to Final Four
By Keith Taylor KyForward Senior Sports Writer MEMPHIS — Kentucky gave top-seeded North Carolina all it could handle, but couldn’t beat the Tar Heels for a second time this season in another thrilling finish between the two storied programs. Malik Monk tied the score with a long three with seven...
Keith Taylor: North Carolina all that’s standing in the way of return trip to Final Four for Cats, Calipari
MEMPHIS — Kentucky coach John Calipari is along for the ride, a joyful journey that has his Wildcats within one game of reaching the Final Four for the third time in the past four years. In order to...
The NCAA is standing by its allegations against the Louisville men’s basketball program and Rick Pitino, saying the coach failed to notice “red flags” in activities by a former staffer...
More Than a Game: New book explores impact of civil rights movement through lens of forgotten school
Basketball is a crucial aspect of the Kentucky identity, and while those outside the state primarily witness the competition as between opposing college or professional teams, high school basketball has...
Subscribe to Business
The newest event venue in Central Kentucky opens with an industrial-chic nod to Kentucky’s rich relationship with bourbon. Distillery Square is the...
- More »
- New 6.4 acre pet resort featuring indoor dog park, pool launches in Louisville
- LBAR donates $10,000 to Building Institute of Central Kentucky for fees, text books for trade students
- Donaldson Company in Nicholasville presented Governor's Safety and Health Award
- Keven Moore: To barbecue or not to barbecue? You'll take command of the grill, but do it safely
- Home Away from Home: Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Center adds new vacation cottage
Subscribe to Government
The Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) approved a grant for $600,000 to the city of Booneville to replace the aging Elk Lick and KY 11 South Water storage...
- More »
- State Parks assessing alternative uses for three golf courses; including one located at General Butler
- Quarles says comment period for proposed federal smokeless tobacco regulation to be extended
- Survey shows nearly two-thirds of seniors have been victims of online cyber scams
- Enhanced driver's license bill, extended school summer break legislation signed into law by Bevin
- World TB Day a reminder that tuberculosis continues to be a serious public health concern
Subscribe to Health
Jae Y. Jung, M.D., Ph.D., an oncologic dermatologist, has joined Norton Cancer Institute. To date, Dr. Jung is the first cancer specialist within the Louisville...
- More »
- Lingering flu season leaves Kentucky Blood Center feeling the effects of lower than expected supply
- UK study unveils novel link between cell polarity and cancer-associated inflamation
- KHIP: Poll shows Kentuckians need to be more physically active to achieve good health
- SmartHealthToday: Finding a cure for MS starts with awareness and education; research matters
- Athletes who experience problems breathing could have vocal cord dysfunction known as PVFM
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Thanks to a grant from WHAS Crusade for Children, every MSD teacher in Fayette County Public Schools has received a brand-new iPad for use with students...
- More »
- University of Kentucky dental students to provide reduced cost screenings during two sessions
- Donors of all blood types needed to donate as Red Cross observes National Volunteer Month
- Fifth annual 'i know' expo examining issues related to aging set for Lexington Center on April 2
- Kentucky 4-H Foundation names Miller as executive director, Carr director of advancement
- Floracliff Nature Sanctuary expands, adding 59 new acres along the Kentucky River to run total to 346
Subscribe to Education
The Murray State University office of multicultural affairs (OMA) will be awarding five $2,000 scholarships for the 2017–18 academic year. Recipients...
- More »
- The Difference a Grade Makes: UK researcher Guskey helps educators better serve their students
- Princeton Review rates Eastern Kentucky University's game design program 47th in international survey
- Beaumont Middle School program encourages girls to give sport of disc golf a shot
- Pruitt says rewrite of federal, state laws won't hinder recent work to create new accountability system
- EKU renews agreement to provide safety courses to military civilian personnel through 2020
Subscribe to Sports
Just Short: North Carolina edges Wildcats on last-second shot to deny UK a return trip to Final FourBy Keith Taylor KyForward Senior Sports Writer MEMPHIS — Kentucky gave top-seeded North Carolina all it could handle, but couldn’t beat the Tar Heels...
- More »
- Fast and Accurate, 24-1 longshot, posts steady, commanding win in Spiral Stakes at Turfway
- Keith Taylor: North Carolina all that's standing in the way of return trip to Final Four for Cats, Calipari
- NCAA stands by allegations that Louisville's Pitino should have known about improper activity
- Oscar Performance, Mongolian Saturday top nominations for Keeneland opening week
- Fox scores career-high 39 points to lead Cats past UCLA and into South Region finals
Subscribe to News
Updates were given on both ticket sales and the search for a new president and CEO were featured in Friday’s meeting of the Kentucky Lottery Corporation’s...
- More »
- Beshear files motion to intervene in WKU’s lawsuit against College Heights Herald, Kentucky Kernel
- Federal judge delays ruling in legal challenge to Kentucky's new abortion education law
- Urban Institute analysis shows House repeal of health act would shift $16 billion in cuts to Kentucky
- UK's Gatton College, Schnatter Institute combine to host panel discussion on impact of charter schools
- WalletHub report shows Kentucky is state most dependent on federal aid for 2017
Subscribe to Region/State
The Kentucky Department of Vehicle Regulation is alerting boaters of a recent change in federal law regarding the registration and renewal process for...
- More »
- Daily Yonder: Many rural programs facing deep cuts under current federal budget proposal
- Kentucky's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate down slightly in February at 4.9 percent
- Kentucky Arts Council, Center for the Performing Arts presenting cultural accessibility summit
- Attorney General files motion to intervene in KSU’s records' lawsuit against Kentucky Kernel
- Grant County needle exchange program 'operates just as it should,' according to first year report
Subscribe to Living
More Than a Game: New book explores impact of civil rights movement through lens of forgotten schoolBasketball is a crucial aspect of the Kentucky identity, and while those outside the state primarily witness the competition as between opposing college...
- More »
- Chef Foster: Time to restock your pantry to reflect the change of seasons and the faster pace of spring
- New Kentucky Farm Bureau children's book teaches readers about the 'nobility of farmers'
- Science Guy: Here's how to use a reusable hand warmer to engineer a hot ice sculpture
- UK Symphony Orchestra featuring pianist Cliff Jackson to perform Rhapsody in Blue Friday
- Gayle Pille: By any name -- Whistle-Pig, Land Beaver, Woodchuck -- they're our biggest squirrels
Subscribe to Opinion
LOUISVILLE – North Carolina deserved its victory over Kentucky yesterday in a riveting college basketball game that went right to the end before being...
- More »
- Commentary: Nurturing the person in the classroom an important part of educational experience
- Bill Straub: Despite policies that damage their state, Kentuckians continue to show support for Trump
- Commentary: K-12 school districts leaders in development of Silicon Holler and the new economy
- Constance Alexander: Path to wider accessibility includes both a process ... and a playground
- Commentary: The fear within the debate on fairness affects those on both sides of the issue