With one of the world’s most beautiful tracks right in the heart of horse country, you’ve got a safe bet on a day at Keeneland in Lexington. Kentucky is a state defined by its history and noted for a number of things, not the least of which is horse racing, bourbon, bluegrass music and barbecue....
By Gary Bentley Special to KyForward The mine foreman exam covers subjects like ventilation, explosives, electrical, laws and regulations, and safety. To complete his exam, Gary has to pass one more section:...
Kentucky is home to four different species of squirrels – the Southern Flying Squirrel, Red Squirrel, Eastern Gray Squirrel, and Eastern Fox Squirrel. Flying Squirrels are nocturnal and seldom seen;...
ATHENS — Georgia threw its best punch at Kentucky, but the Wildcats fought back. Kentucky countered J.J, Frazier’s career-high performance with some clutch plays down the stretch and escaped with an...
Subscribe to Business
With one of the world’s most beautiful tracks right in the heart of horse country, you’ve got a safe bet on a day at Keeneland in Lexington. Kentucky...
- More »
- Murray State's Town & Gown Program contributes $25,000 to building to attract future industry
- LG&E, KU earn EPRI Technology awards for electric vehicle charging stations, Brown Solar
- Keven Moore: Threat of vehicle-ramming attacks could take place anywhere -- always be alert
- BBB Trends: Beware of job offers online -- some sites just aren't what they are pretending to be
- Whitworth Tool Inc.'s $3.6 million reinvestment project to create 50 new jobs in Hardinsburg
Subscribe to Government
Education and Workforce Development Secretary Hal Heiner announced that Anderson and Graves counties have been certified as Kentucky Work Ready Communities....
- More »
- Kentucky Infrastructure Authority names McNeil as its new executive director
- Governor selects 21 recreational trails projects to receive federal development, maintenance funds
- Fentanyl crackdown bill clears House committee; Senate passes smoke free schools measure
- Kentucky shatters export record in 2016 with aerospace, motor vehicles, pharmaceuticals leading
- Kentucky Motor Vehicle Commission ends criminal history disclosure requirement for job seekers
Subscribe to Health
By Shelly Reese SmartHealthToday Baby, it’s cold outside and that extra cup of hot tea or coffee sounds soooooo appealing. Can you indulge or should...
- More »
- Rural Blog: Repealing Medicaid expansion provision of ACA could leave more rural hospitals at risk
- Kentucky Health Issues Poll: Health insurance still uncertain for two in 10 state adults age 18-64
- Lester Walters' heart was 'broken,' so UK HealthCare doctors gave him an artificial replacement
- SmartHealthToday: Happy Valentine's Day -- here are some tips on showing how much you really care
- SmartHealthToday: For your good heart health, don't overdo the salt -- here are some foods to avoid
Subscribe to Philanthropy
To support its Trooper Island Camp for underprivileged children, the Kentucky State Police is selling raffle tickets for a chance to win a new 2017 Jeep...
- More »
- UK College of Law, United Way of the Bluegrass again providing free tax preparation starting Feb. 20
- American Red Cross urges celebration of Red Cross Month by donating blood in March
- State Association of Nonprofits presents annual advocacy awards to members, legislators
- Robsham Stables, Mike Repole to sponsor barn for New Vocations at Merworth Farm
- UK Alumni Association hosting annual reunion of DanceBlue participants during fundraiser
Subscribe to Education
University of Kentucky Opera Theatre continues the 2016-17 season with Gioachino Rossini’s critically acclaimed “The Barber of Seville.”...
- More »
- Best-selling author Dyson set to address 44th annual UofL Conference on the Black Family
- UK Martin School of Public Policy holding open house Wednesday for prospective graduate students
- EKU senior from Berea among 15 students nationally to receive NAPSLO internship
- Ferguson named vice president for advancement, grants, alumni affairs for KCTCS
- Study shows Kentucky's nonprofit private colleges contribute $700 million to economy annually
Subscribe to Sports
Charley Taylor, who served as the Lexington Legends pitching coach for eight seasons, passed away Saturday night after a long battle with cancer. Taylor,...
- More »
- Wildcat women ring up fourth straight SEC win, top Florida in annual Play4Kay Pink Game
- Louisville holds off Virginia Tech in wild one to post 1,800th victory in program's 103 seasons
- Keith Taylor: Fox, Cats get tough down the stretch to overcome gritty Bulldogs
- Kentucky Afield Outdoors: With water temperatures cool, the peak of float-and-fly fishing is upon us
- Pitino has Vitale to thank for 'Superman' McMahon; King to miss Va. Tech game; Hicks' return delayed
Subscribe to News
Medicaid covered more than 44,000 dental screenings as well as tens of thousands of four other preventive health screenings for non-elderly Kentucky adults...
- More »
- State Senate approves sweeping education reform bill; measure moves to House for consideration
- Lexington's Bluegrass Distillers added as stop on Kentucky Bourbon Trail Craft Tours
- Together Lexington joins with EKU Facilitation Center to support Courageous Conversations program
- People in the News: KCTCS's Shreffler named to board; Fitzpatrick joins Blue Grass Community Foundation
- Real estate sales in central Kentucky exceeded $139 million on 776 sales during January
Subscribe to Region/State
Kentucky is home to four different species of squirrels – the Southern Flying Squirrel, Red Squirrel, Eastern Gray Squirrel, and Eastern Fox Squirrel....
- More »
- KYCIR: Amid uncertainty, University of Louisville leaders cashed out big perks in 'run on the bank'
- Milder than usual winter temperatures could affect tall fescue toxicosis in broodmares
- Volunteers sought in 37 Kentucky counties to review cases of children in foster care
- Kentucky State Police form Critical Incident Response Team for officer-involved shootings
- Science Guy: Clouds aren't just for the sky; here's how to create one inside your home
Subscribe to Living
By Gary Bentley Special to KyForward The mine foreman exam covers subjects like ventilation, explosives, electrical, laws and regulations, and safety....
- More »
- Campbellsville University to host Transylvania pianist Greg Partain on Feb. 23 for Beethoven performance
- Your Kentucky Home: Tips on the best ways to warm up your bedroom
- Chef Foster: Never underestimate the importance of good prep work for excellent results in the kitchen
- UK Symphony Orchestra concert features concerto competition winner, music from Nielson, Mahler
- Stage, screen star Ben Vereen celebrates Black History month with public events at Norton Center
Subscribe to Opinion
By Ron Bridges Special to KyForward AARP Kentucky has just launched a campaign to let Congress know we oppose any plan to increase Medicare costs and risk...
- More »
- Commentary: Congress, White House working together to bring relief to coal country
- Commentary: During Valentine's Day week, how about showing some love for our public schools?
- Bill Straub: Focusing on results and not the theatrics, McConnell thinks Trump is doing just fine
- Commentary: Time is now for Brent Spence Bridge as public-private partnerships offer funding options
- Constance Alexander: New facility provides more opportunities for interaction for Murray Art Guild