Dr. Rosemary Allen, Georgetown College Provost, Academic Dean; Dr. Granetta Blevins, Chair, Board of Trustees; Wil James, President, TMMK; Mrs. Carolyn Green and Dr. M. Dwaine Greene, President of Georgetown College.(Photo by Paul Atkinson) As Yogi Berra put it, “the future ain’t what it used to...
By Pamela Wright Danville Advocate-Messenger Boyle County Judge-Executive Harold McKinney voiced frustration Tuesday over continued scrutiny of the beleaguered Bluegrass Area Development District, saying...
Here is one of the better gambling tips you’ll receive between now and the first Saturday in May: Beware of jockeys riding in the Kentucky Derby for the first time. They will be forced to contend with...
The first verified sighting was Saturday afternoon with the promise of more if the rains came. Cautiously I ordered 10 more pounds from another farm to come in on Tuesday. A few phone calls confirmed...
Subscribe to Business
Champion Home Builders Inc., a recognized name in modular, mobile and manufactured housing, will invest $6.3 million in a production facility in Benton...
- More »
- Registration open for 32nd annual Governor’s Safety and Health Conference in Louisville
- Applications now being accepted for Commerce Lexington's leadership program
- Idea State U competition awards U of L 'MoveMe' mobile app top prize of $25,000 during finals
- Lexington-based National Ministry names Waits to serve as new executive director
- Coba Cocina restaurant announces decision to immediately close Lexington operation
Subscribe to Government
Are anonymous posters on Topix protected by the First Amendment? Should posters be held accountable for slanderous accusations? If so, to what lengths...
- More »
- Dispose of unused or expired drugs at most Kentucky State Police posts Saturday
- SOAR executive board unanimously selects KARD applicants to receive total of $1.5 million
- Kentucky Department of Insurance gives approval for Anthem's purchase of Cigna Dental Health
- Former Tobacco Settlement Trust executive Hack named commissioner of vehicle regulation
- Bevin appoints Florence businessman Robert Cicero to the Kentucky Public Service Commission
Subscribe to Health
Eye Health: Spring is the season of splashy colors, unfortunately many see them through red, itchy eyesBy Dr. Dawn Stratton Special to KyForward As beautiful as this spring is in Kentucky, it leaves many people with red, itchy, watery eyes. The American...
- More »
- UnitedHealth Group to stop offering state insurance plans through Affordable Care marketplace
- Coach Colene: What's your dream career? Wherever you are in your journey, it's never too late
- State, national health officials say potential exists for Kentucky to have Zika virus outbreak
- Your Health: Learn to calm a newborn and much more at April 30 maternity event Expecting Great Things
- With onset of spring allergies, U of L researchers seek asthma sufferers to participate in study
Subscribe to Philanthropy
The Charitable Impact Group, Inc., will host the Kentucky Oaks and Kentucky Derby Handicapping event, dinner and silent auction on May 2 at 6:30 p.m. in...
- More »
- Baptist Health Lexington to offer annual free stroke screening May 13
- Free ‘Shred Fest 2016’ designed to help Lexington-area consumers avoid risk of identity theft
- Survive the Night, Roll for the Cure team for bike relay to benefit Markey Cancer Center
- KentuckyOne Health encourages Kentuckians to Donate Life by registering to become a donor
- UK, Lexington join forces for wide range of environment-friendly Earth Day 2016 events
Subscribe to Education
Dr. Rosemary Allen, Georgetown College Provost, Academic Dean; Dr. Granetta Blevins, Chair, Board of Trustees; Wil James, President, TMMK; Mrs. Carolyn...
- More »
- EKU president Michael Benson receives three-year contract extension; tuition increases 5 percent
- Agri Bus teaches elementary students to appreciate farmers, understand where food comes from
- Spring graduation schedule, speakers announced for KCTCS colleges
- Prichard Committee weighs in on final outcomes of legislative session -- some positive news
- Murray State University receives $210,000 gift to provide business scholarships
Subscribe to Sports
Eastern Kentucky University defensive end Noah Spence was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with the 39th pick in the 2016 National Football League (NFL)...
- More »
- Barn Notes: Olorda captures Bewitch; Nyquist turns in final pre-Derby work on Keeneland's last day
- Cards' Funkhouser getting it together after slow start, hoping to put together a strong finish
- Louisville's Rankins selected No. 12 by Saints in the opening round of NFL Draft
- Barn Notes: Lightning Dove wins first race of career; Nyquist set for final Derby workout
- Duenez numbers two homers among four hits as Legends rally to end losing streak
Subscribe to News
By Pamela Wright Danville Advocate-Messenger Boyle County Judge-Executive Harold McKinney voiced frustration Tuesday over continued scrutiny of the beleaguered...
- More »
- NCAA says future Final Four host cities must have LGBT inclusive non-discrimination laws
- Biotech startup Hera BioLabs to open Lexington headquarters, bringing 23 new jobs, $1.8 million
- Bevin issues vetoes, says budget 'restores fiscal responsibility,' flexibility to manage resources
- Council on Postsecondary Education sets tuition and mandatory fee ceilings for resident undergrads
- Bevin's first international trip includes stops in Germany, France and Belgium
Subscribe to Region/State
Businesses, organizations, and legislative agents spent $7.5 million lobbying in the first three months of the 2016 General Assembly, and if April spending...
- More »
- Revamped Kentucky Horse Racing Commission includes Kling, Jones and former jockey Day
- New man-made creek near Lake Cumberland so real even the fish can't tell the difference
- Alltech, WKU combine to create largest operating campus brewing system in U.S.
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Department will auction surplus, confiscated property May 2
- Advanced Business Solutions plans Louisville expansion; Legend Lumber to locate in Nelson Co.
Subscribe to Living
The first verified sighting was Saturday afternoon with the promise of more if the rains came. Cautiously I ordered 10 more pounds from another farm to...
- More »
- Your Kentucky Home: Branch out this Mother's Day with unique décor items
- Keven Moore: No 'risk' or 'uncertainty' here -- death is absolutely certain -- and we all have to deal with it
- Students plant tree seedlings on a surface coal mine to promote reforestation for Arbor Day
- Brushing up on the Lingo: World of Thoroughbred horse racing speaks a language of its own
- Kentucky by Heart: While known more for basketball, state played key role in baseball's most tragic story
Subscribe to Opinion
With my birthday looming on the horizon, I’ve lately been looking back at my time here on my home planet, right in time with the stages of life the...
- More »
- Bill Straub: Democrats barely offer a fight in 1st District as GOP dominates Congressional race
- Commentary: Cooperation the key to ensure our students are the center of our decisions
- KIDS COUNT: Kentucky has highest rate of kids with a parent in jail, according to 'Shared Sentence' report
- Constance Alexander: Solace of church inspired young poet and led to life of writing
- Commentary: State officials make a mistake by not providing funds for diabetes prevention program