Pete Rose signs autographs at Florence Freedom last season (Photo by Mark Hansel I am delighted that the Cincinnati Reds will retire Pete Rose’s No. 14 and induct him into the team’s Hall of Fame Sunday at Great American Ball Park. It this is as good as it gets for Rose – if he never gets inducted...
It was another successful evening for the Kentucky men’s basketball program at the NBA Draft as Jamal Murray (seventh, Denver Nuggets), Skal Labissiere (28th, Phoenix Suns) and Tyler Ulis (34th, Phoenix...
By James McNair Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting The Kentucky community college system reassigned its top attorney earlier this month to a newly created “special assistant” position soon...
By Olivia McCoy Special to KyForward Some teens spend summer vacation doing advanced placement homework while others play video games or find summer jobs. Three students from Henry Clay High School are...
Subscribe to Business
General Motors Corp. plans to invest $290 million to improve technology and processes at its Corvette plant in Bowling Green, Gov. Matt Bevin announced...
- More »
- West Sixth Brewing introduces new 'Half-Bite' lower alcohol content beer
- Keven Moore: Mulch, cigarettes are hazardous combination; here are some tips to prevent fires
- Thoroughbred Charities of American named title sponsor of Thoroughbred National Symposium
- BBB Trends: Don't be left in doghouse by scammers -- beware of check overpayments for pet sitting job
- Bluegrass & Backroads: Meet the Hines family, finalists for Outstanding Farm Family contest
Subscribe to Government
After the governor vetoed legislation earlier this year that would have created a new Kentucky driver’s license to meet the tougher federal standards...
- More »
- Rural Blog: U.S. coal production may have bottomed out and now is on the rebound, experts say
- Additional funding for park repairs won't cover Cumberland Falls Resort conference center
- Kentucky Horse Racing Commission sets committee structures, membership assignments
- Beshear files complaint to intervene against Bevin's overhaul of KRS, U of L boards
- Paintsville attorney Schmitt named chairman of Kentucky Public Service Commission
Subscribe to Health
Work-oriented requirements in Medicaid plan could hit a snag; feds haven’t approved similar proposalsBy Melissa Patrick Kentucky Health News Gov. Matt Bevin’s plan for Medicaid might not be approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services...
- More »
- Northern Kentucky Health Department confirms first Zika virus case; residents urged to take precautions
- Summer Vacation: Henry Clay students working with UK HealthCare through Teen Volunteer Program
- U of L social work team receives $4.9 million to help bridge family gaps
- Survey shows Kentucky remains ranked in bottom third of states for children's well-being
- American Medical Association calls gun violence a public health crisis, endorses background checks
Subscribe to Philanthropy
The Morris Book Shop hosted what its owners thought would be a little cooking competition to celebrate the new Bob’s Burgers Cook Book. They never imagined...
- More »
- Kentucky Pro Football Hall of Fame sets events to benefit Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club
- U of L research shows karma beliefs may have an affect on decision to volunteer
- UK doctors providing dental care in Appalachia rewarded with reduction of student loan debt
- Kentucky Summer Food Service Program makes sure students have full stomachs during break
- Federal grant helps bridge gap in availability for rural speech therapy services
Subscribe to Education
By Kate Howard Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting Despite widespread confusion over drastic leadership changes atop the University of Louisville,...
- More »
- Pruitt calls law a 'welcome departure' from No Child Left Behind, but USED rules may stifle innovation
- KyCIR: Top KCTCS attorney lands ‘special assistant’ post following internal inquiry
- AIKCU receives James Graham Brown grant to conduct data analysis of state's private colleges
- KyCIR: U of L gripped by uncertainty following Bevin's elimination of board of trustees
- Henry Clay senior Kim named Lexington Youth Leader of the Year
Subscribe to Sports
Pete Rose signs autographs at Florence Freedom last season (Photo by Mark Hansel I am delighted that the Cincinnati Reds will retire Pete Rose’s No....
- More »
- Renovations underway for new baseball, softball facilities at Eastern Kentucky
- Cats' Murray drafted seventh by Denver; Labissiere the 28th pick, but traded to Kings; Ulis to Suns
- Military Appreciation Night, Hubbard bobblehead among highlights of Legends' homestand
- Stansbury adds Williams, White from Tulane to Hilltoppers' basketball staff
- Q & A: Coach Calipari previews Thursday's NBA Draft, talks Ulis, Murray, Labissiere prospects
Subscribe to News
Beverly Raimondo, a 22-year member of the Prichard Committee leadership team who created the popular and long-running Governor’s Commonwealth Institute...
- More »
- UK Board of Trustees extends Capilouto's contract by three years to 'invest in the future'
- Reaction to Bevin's plan to change Medicaid mixed; critics say it creates barriers to health care
- Ethics Reporter: Legislative Ethics Commission approves use of social media fundraising
- Governor presents his 'Kentucky HEALTH' plan to transform state's Medicaid program, will seek waiver
- Bevin forms bipartisan council to undertake comprehensive review of justice policy
Subscribe to Region/State
Kentucky State Parks will celebrate the Fourth of July with activities across the state with the events include fireworks displays, picnics, entertainment...
- More »
- Native American Inter-Tribal Weekend July 16-17 at Big Bone Lick State Historic Site
- Aviation Museum to unveil bronze sculpture of aviation pioneer Van Meter
- Thunderstorms fascinating to watch, but lightning strikes can turn deadly -- here's some safety tips
- Kentucky by Heart: For the eager young salesman, mail-order worm business didn't work out
- Leadership Kentucky announces 55 participants from around the state for 2016 class
Subscribe to Living
By Liz Toombs Special to KyForward Pets are treated like family at my house and, I’m sure, a lot of you feel the same. Dogs and cats come with quite...
- More »
- KR255 Endurance Race on Kentucky River in full swing as competitors reach half-way mark
- Science Guy: Here's how a pinecone can be used to predict the weather
- 21c Museum Hotel to host panel discussion on costume in contemporary art
- Top Ten: Here's what UK students love about living, studying in Lexington
- Jamie Vaught: Plenty of new books available for serious political junkies' summer reading
Subscribe to Opinion
Songbird rehabilitator Ginger Rood has a request for folks – stop kidnapping baby birds! Ginger, Northern Kentucky’s only songbird rehabilitator, is...
- More »
- Bill Straub: Framing gun control measures as anti-terrorism could leave McConnell in a pickle
- Constance Alexander: Japanese quilts demonstrate art of design, use of space
- Mike Denham: Fentanyl the latest battlefield added to Kentucky's ongoing war on drugs
- Commentary: New service from attorney general's office offers Kentuckians protection from scams
- Billy Reed: Time has come to stand up to the NRA and try a new approach to slowing gun violence