John Calipari has been known to scale back on intense practices during the final month of the regular season. Such hasn’t been the case closing out the first week of February this season. This week, work behind the scenes has been “very hard” and “more physical” as Calipari tries to whip...
By Russ Brown KyForward correspondent LOUISVILLE — Rick Pitino thought he had a special University of Louisville basketball team this season, but the Cardinals won’t get a chance to justify...
Foot Health: Did healing power of laser therapy save the Panther Jared Allen’s Super Bowl opportunity?
Carolina’s Jared Allen suffered a fractured foot in the NFL divisional playoff win against the Seattle Seahawks. Allen thought his first Super Bowl experience would have to be from the sidelines,...
Relationships need the proper attention and care to function properly just like many other things in our lives. Visiting a doctor regularly is necessary to maintain a healthy body, just as routine maintenance...
Subscribe to Business
Last Saturday the city of Lexington experienced one of the largest fires in its history when the Blue Grass Stockyards burned to the ground. A total of...
- More »
- Fifth Third's Express Banking provides basic services to those without traditional accounts
- Bevin announces expansion of Custom Resins in western Kentucky will add 40 new jobs
- Author of UK report on state's economy 'guardedly optimistic' about prospects this year
- Precision Strip plans second Kentucky facility, will build $15.5 million plant in Warren County
- Piramal Pharma Solutions adding 40 new jobs after expansion of Coldstream Laboratories complete
Subscribe to Government
State Auditor Mike Harmon released the first volume of the annual statewide audit of the Commonwealth of Kentucky for the Fiscal Year ended on June 30,...
- More »
- Legislative Briefs: Felon voting rights bill advances; Senate passes religious expression measure
- Drinking OR Driving: State Highway Traffic Safety Office urging football fans to call the play
- River Metals Recyling presented award for exemplary workplace safety record
- New Report: Kentucky can take more balanced approach to tight budget with new revenue options
- Madison County Judge Executive Taylor: From building homes to building community
Subscribe to Health
Foot Health: Did healing power of laser therapy save the Panther Jared Allen’s Super Bowl opportunity?Carolina’s Jared Allen suffered a fractured foot in the NFL divisional playoff win against the Seattle Seahawks. Allen thought his first Super Bowl...
- More »
- Kentucky Department for Public Health urges travelers to take precautions against Zika virus
- Valentine's Day Checkup: Free examinations of couples relationships offered by UK Family Center
- Number of Kentuckians without health coverage drops to 7 percent, lower than four adjoining states
- Your Health: Being familiar with symptoms of a heart attack can help save a life, beat the odds
- Life After a Stroke: Quality of life, health outcomes improve with the support of a patient navigator
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Hats for Hope has selected Kosair Charities as the new beneficiary of their premier fundraising event pre-Derby cocktail evening featuring a silent auction...
- More »
- Legal Aid of the Bluegrass adds attorney, hotline dedicated to veterans' legal questions
- Delta Dental grant will fund oral health education and care for underserved Kentucky children
- National nonprofit names Kentucky securities director Bossier to serve as trustee
- UK's Gill Heart Institute going from blue to red to highlight women's heart health issues
- Applications open until Feb. 16 for Kentucky Arts Council Al Smith fellowship, Emerging Artist Award
Subscribe to Education
More than 2,000 children at six Jefferson County Public Schools learned about the importance of proper dental hygiene Friday, and many received a free...
- More »
- LeBlanc ensemble Les Six to perform guest recital at Campbellsville University
- Actress Tatyana Ali, music executive Amir Windom headline UK African American History Month events
- UK researchers exploring whether visual arts can have positive effect on dementia patients
- Campbellsville University honors Anderson with school Leadership Award
- Mary Todd Lincoln's role as First Lady subject of 2016 Presidents' Day Program
Subscribe to Sports
John Calipari has been known to scale back on intense practices during the final month of the regular season. Such hasn’t been the case closing out...
- More »
- Former coach Collier, NFL All-Pro lineman Bryant head five inductees to state Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Sledgehammer falls down on Cardinals with 'painful' self-imposed ban on postseason play
- UK, Nike unveil updated logo, new football, special basketball uniforms introduced
- Pairings set for Kentucky High School Athletic Association boys', girls' state basketball tournaments
- Gamecocks lose star to injury, still manage to hold off challenge from No. 18 Kentucky to stay unbeaten
Subscribe to News
Editor’s Note: Former Kentucky U.S. Sen. Marlow Cook died Thursday of a heart attack. He served in the Senate from 1968-74. He was also a former...
- More »
- New 72,000 square foot Cabela's outdoors store in Lexington will open doors on March 16
- Now out of race, Paul was clear winner among Kentucky donors to presidential campaigns
- Legislative Briefs: Senate approves measure to cut Planned Parenthood; bike safety law advances
- Former Civil Rights pioneer Georgia Davis Powers to lie in state in the Capitol Rotunda Thursday
- Former LG&E and KU Energy vice president Thomas named Transportation Cabinet deputy secretary
Subscribe to Region/State
State fisheries crews collecting a few big ones to help hatcheries produce nearly three million small fishFisheries crews from the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources will be collecting sauger, striped bass, muskellunge and walleye in the coming...
- More »
- Volunteers needed to review cases of children in foster care in 22 Kentucky counties
- Toyo Tire & Rubber subsidiary will open $5.6 million Simpson County operation with 42 jobs
- Members of state board of education concerned about how $17.9 million cut can be implemented
- Legislative Briefs: Pension transparency bill approved; jails measure passes state Senate
- Lake Beshear boat ramp reopens; enrollment open for state's Cooperative Dove Field Program
Subscribe to Living
Did you know that the groundhog’s predictions about winter are accurate less than 40 percent of the time? Weather people on average can hit the...
- More »
- Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park site for Oil Painting Weekend featuring Bonita Mallory
- From Regulators to Alaska Proof, Andy King is enjoying his latest gig on Discovery's reality TV
- UK Wind Symphony will be the featured performer for Kentucky Music Educators Conference
- Coach Colene: Focus this year is on putting all the pieces together to create the best version of me
- Your Kentucky Home: Correct staging among the ways to make house stand out in the market
Subscribe to Opinion
Let’s just say Gov. Matt Bevin got it half right. The first-term Republican governor maintains that colleges and universities in his state need to...
- More »
- Bill Straub: Brokered convention appears to be the likeliest outcome for the GOP Presidential race
- Tom Block: With Paul out of the Republican Presidential race, where will the libertarians go?
- Commentary: 'Secret middlemen' between you and your medicine; commonsense legislation needed
- Commentary: Despite proposed cuts in education, there's still a long way to go in budget process
- Mike Denham: Action to eliminate public pension liabilities top item on legislative agenda