|Sign up for KyForward news updates|
Just because the weather is turning cooler doesn’t mean it’s time to stay inside.
For some, camping during the winter months is their adventure. The Kentucky State Parks have some campgrounds that remain open during the winter for those who like to camp all year long.
Campers can make reservations for sites online by going to parks.ky.gov, although reservations are not required. Some campground services may be limited during winter months.
The state parks with campgrounds open for winter are:
• Carter Caves, Olive Hill – Equestrian Sites: Open Year Round
• Columbus-Belmont, Columbus – Open Year Round (No Water)
• Fort Boonesborough, Richmond – Open Year Round
• General Butler, Carrollton – Open Year Round (No Water)
• Green River Lake, Campbellsville – Open until Jan. 1
• Levi Jackson, London – Open Year Round
• Pennyrile Forest, Dawson Springs – Equestrian Sites: Open Year Round
All 31 Kentucky State Park campgrounds open in April. To find out more about Kentucky State Parks, including lodges, restaurants, wildlife viewing and other special events, visit parks.ky.gov.
To find information about all of the outdoor opportunities and locations, as well as a calendar of events happening all across Kentucky, visit the Office of Adventure Tourism’s website at www.getoutky.com. Follow Kentucky Adventure Tourism on Facebook and on Twitter.
From Kentucky Tourism, Arts and Heritage Cabinet