Search Our Smart Money
|Sign up to receive Our Smart Money|
By Suzy $mart
Suzy’s week got off to a good start – hope yours did, too, and that you have entered to win the fabulous night’s lodging at Lake Cumberland Resort Park. I know you need a break and Lake Cumberland park would be a very good place to get it. Just email email@example.com, share a money-saving idea or a story about your own frugal, good living – by 8 a.m. Friday – and your name is in the pot! Lots of entries already, so join in.
Suzy’s friend, the Coupon Queen is teaming up with Super Frugal Stephanie (don’t you love team play!) who is celebrating the one-year anniversary of her savings blog by offering lots of great prizes through May 20th. Win giftcards from Starbucks, CVS, Walmart – and more. See for details yourstrongtower.com
Fun stuff to do
Staying fit is Smart. Having good fun with the family is Smart. Enjoying Kentucky as a beautiful place is Smart. All adds up to healthy, too – which is really Smart.
So take note of National Trails Day June 2 — when there will be events at state parks to promote exercise, trail development and the outdoors. Kentucky has more than 2500 miles of hiking trails. To find a trail in your area, visit the Office of Adventure Tourism website at www.getoutky.com. You’ll be able to find an event/hike close to home that will suit your family just fine. Enjoy!
Bluegrass Classic Stockdog Trial and Kentucky Sheep & Fiber Festival takes place this week at Masterson Station Park. Marking 51 years of border collie trials in the Bluegrass, the stockdog trials will be held May 16-20. They draw top handlers from across the country. Families and spectators should take lawn chairs and blankets and pack a picnic lunch. There will be concessions. Dogs are welcome as long as they are well-behaved and leashed at all times. Parking and admission are FREE. See www.bluegrassclassicsdt.com for details.
In conjunction with the Bluegrass Classic will be the Third annual Kentucky Sheep and Fiber Festival, a natural fiber and local food event at the Lexington Lion’s Club Bluegrass Fairgrounds. Admission is $3 but children 12 and under are free. It starts May 18th from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Demonstrations of spinning, knitting, weaving, felting and more. Celtic singing and dancing, local food, lots of workshops and exhibitors. For details see www.kentuckysheepandfiber.com
Get happy – that’s Smart and healthy too!
Here’s some good advice from the Purpose Fairy for some really do-able things you can do to get happy – eliminate some stress and focus on the positive. This is something Suzy hopes all of her friends will do. Just give these things a try – it’s worth it, honestly. These are just the main tips. See Purpose Fairy’s website for more. Please, start with one.
1. Give up your need to always be right
Ask: “Would I rather be right, or would I rather be kind?” – Wayne Dyer.
2. Give up your need for control
3. Give up on blame
4. Give up your self-defeating self-talk
(Yes, you are better than that.)
5. Give up your limiting beliefs
“A belief is not an idea held by the mind, it is an idea that holds the mind” – Elly Roselle
6. Give up complaining
Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.
7. Give up the luxury of criticism
8. Give up your need to impress others
9. Give up your resistance to change
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls” – Joseph Campbell
10. Give up labels
“The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.” – Wayne Dyer
11. Give up on your fears
“The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
12. Give up your excuses
13. Give up the past
Be present – enjoy your life.
14. Give up attachment
15. Give up living your life to other people’s expectations
Think about it, Suzy friends. Aren’t you a bit happier already?? Can’t you see yourself happier tomorrow?
Featured coupon site
There are 255 free printable coupons at Coupons.com
Here’s a sample:
• SAVE $1.00 on any THREE Keebler® Products
• SAVE $1.00 on TWO (2) packages of any LUNCHABLES Lunch Combinations with Fruit
• SAVE $1.00 ON TWO BOXES General Mills cereals: Basic 4® • Cheerios® • Chex® • Cinnamon Toast Crunch®
• SAVE $1.00 on any ONE MorningStar Farms® Veggie Foods Product
• SAVE 90¢ on any ONE (1) TEMPTATIONS by JELL-O or MOUSSE TEMPTATIONS by JELL-O
• SAVE 75¢ on any ONE (1) package of KRAFT MILKBITE Milk & Granola Bars
• Save $1.00 on any ONE (1) Cutter® Product
• SAVE 75¢ on any ONE (1) package of KRAFT FRESH TAKE Cheese & Breadcrumb Mix
• SAVE 75¢ ON TWO when you buy TWO Yoplait® products listed: Yoplait® Go-GURT® Yogurt • Yoplait® Kids
• Save 50¢ when you buy ONE POUCH any flavor 17.5 OZ. OR LARGER Betty Crocker® Cookie Mix
• SAVE $1.00 off ONE (1) 2 GIANT ROLL OR LARGER PACK OF BRAWNY® PAPER TOWELS
• SAVE $4.00 on any Non-Drowsy Claritin-D® Allergy Product (15 count or larger)
• SAVE 55¢ on any ONE (1) package of PHILADELPHIA INDULGENCE Cream Cheese Spread (8 oz.)
• $1.50 OFF ONE Pampers Swaddlers or Swaddlers Sensitive Diapers (excludes trial/travel size)
• SAVE 75¢ on any OFF!® Personal Insect Repellent
• $1.00 OFF any Alexia sweet potato item
• SAVE $1.00 off any two (2) Healthy Balance reduced-sugar juice drinks
• SAVE $1.00 ON ANY ONE (1) GARNIER® FRUCTIS SHAMPOO or CONDITIONER (excluding trial sizes)
• $1.50 OFF ONE Pampers Cruisers or Baby Dry Diapers (excludes trial/travel size)
See you tomorrow, Suzy friends. Thanks for visiting.