Hawkins doesn’t plan to get emotional, but could be ‘in trouble’ if his mom sheds a tear on senior night
By Keith Taylor KyForward Senior Sports Writer Dominique Hawkins wants to remembered as a player that gave it his all during his four-year career at Kentucky. “I feel like I definitely will be remembered for my fight and my heart, always giving 100 percent in each game and diving for loose balls,”...
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine announced plans Monday to develop a regional medical school campus in Northern Kentucky for four-year medical education. The program is the third regional...
By Ginger Dawson KyForward columnist Mother nature is playing tricks on us. It’s the end of February and it’s sixty degrees outside! This is a cruel carrot to dangle. I want to go outside and start...
By Gary Bentley Special to KyForward As Gary heads to his first refresher training courses as a certified mine foreman, he juggles his desire to move up with his need to fit in. My alarm rang at 6:30 a.m....
Subscribe to Business
A commitment to energy conservation is paying big dividends for Eastern Kentucky University. Through its participation in the Large Commercial Demand Conservation...
- More »
- Bluegrass & Backroads: Maynard's Studio specializes in hand-forged furniture, stair rails
- State PSC to review Kentucky Power Energy Efficiency program to determine cost-effectiveness
- Lexmark's Fruth captures Gatton College of Business 2017 Supply Chain Innovation Award
- DHL Express schedules job fair to hire 900 as completion of $108 million CVG expansion nears
- Field & Main Bank opens innovative financial center in Cynthiana; donates previous building to city
Subscribe to Government
Applications are now being accepted for conservation officer recruits at the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources. The deadline to apply...
- More »
- Ernst & Young to open Louisville support center, create 125 jobs on $4.3 million investment
- Legislative Update: Public pension, higher education measures highlight General Assembly's week
- New official 2017 Kentucky highway map now available; most popular destinations highlighted
- KEEP Day gives legislators a chance to discuss the importance of the horse industry to state economy
- Legislative Briefs: Measures on public pensions, construction of new veterans' nursing home advance
Subscribe to Health
After 24 hours of dancing in anticipation, DanceBlue chairs and committee members revealed the 2017 grand fundraising total of $1,785,286.96 to the nearly...
- More »
- Rural Blog: Could medical marijuana be the solution to Appalachia's opioid addiction epidemic?
- Rural Blog: Emergency room patients of doctors more likely to use opioids on long-term basis
- Coach Colene launching new series, website focused on leadership, improving work environment
- In terms of injuries, study finds flag football may be no safer than tackle football for youth athletes
- Health care debate shifts away from politics with Obama gone, moves toward care, Guthrie says
Subscribe to Philanthropy
For the 20th consecutive year, the Empty Bowls Project is helping to put food on the table for hungry people in Madison County. The popular community event...
- More »
- Free career fair brings college students into contact with potential equine industry employers
- Nominations now being accepted for 2017 Kentucky Oaks Cancer Survivors parade
- For the Kids: Annual DanceBlue Marathon raises money this weekend for Kentucky Children's Hospital
- UK celebrating 'everything engineering has to offer' with free E-Day festival on Saturday
- Kentucky State Police raffling Jeep Wrangler to support Trooper Island Camp for children
Subscribe to Education
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine announced plans Monday to develop a regional medical school campus in Northern Kentucky for four-year medical...
- More »
- EKU student designs winning logo for Kentucky Pediatric Cancer Research Trust Fund
- Next round of University of Kentucky's Master Cattleman program underway across the state
- State of Education Report: Kentucky must do more to provide uniform opportunities for all students
- Three new programs wowing visitors of all ages at EKU's Hummel Planetarium
- EKU to offer online Master's degree program in industrial organizational psychology this fall
Subscribe to Sports
Hawkins doesn’t plan to get emotional, but could be ‘in trouble’ if his mom sheds a tear on senior nightBy Keith Taylor KyForward Senior Sports Writer Dominique Hawkins wants to remembered as a player that gave it his all during his four-year career at Kentucky. “I...
- More »
- Mitchell, Spalding combine for 43 points, No. 7 Cards rebound to spank Syracuse, 88-68
- UK women fall to South Carolina in regular-season finale, lands No. 4 seed in SEC Tournament
- Mayo becomes first soph to surpass 1,000-point mark as Colonels knock off Tennessee Tech
- Keith Taylor: Wildcats avenge loss to Gators, prove they're still the team to beat in the SEC
- Atmosphere different this year as Cards begin potential drive toward high seed in NCAA tournament
Subscribe to News
Rural Blog: Despite hopes in Appalachia that Trump will bring back coal, outside experts remain skepticalA “Frontline” segment on the PBS NewsHour took a look at the prospects for President Trump fulfilling his campaign promise to “get those...
- More »
- Fayette Circuit Judge Goodwin among three nominees for vacancy on state Court of Appeals
- KHIP poll finds 22 percent of Kentucky adults say they delay or forgo health care due to the cost
- State Senate approves performance-based funding formula for postsecondary education
- People in the News: MSU's Woolridge joins industry foundation board; education council picks Bennett
- Fayette County Health Department says another case of whooping cough confirmed at Veterans Park
Subscribe to Region/State
Former Gov. Steve Beshear will give his party’s response to President Donald Trump’s speech to Congress Tuesday night, “highlighting...
- More »
- Urban Farmer: Throwing caution to the wind -- and digging up the 'dirt' on what's really in the soil
- Champion Classic Empire headlines nominees to Keeneland’s $1 million Toyota Blue Grass
- With hundreds of protestors outside, McConnell, panel discuss region's pressing federal issues
- Diverse EKU departments join forces for project on free-roaming horses in Breathitt County
- Early egg hatch for eastern tent caterpillars anticipated throughout Central Kentucky region
Subscribe to Living
Representatives of Lexington arts organizations gathered Feb. 24 in Frankfort for Arts Day in Kentucky, an annual meeting that fosters discussions in the...
- More »
- Daily Yonder: With new responsibilities as a mine foreman, sleeping off hangover not an option
- From aficionados to newbies, UK Opera Theatre's Barber of Seville will have audiences laughing
- Chef Foster: Just what are greens and how do you cook them? It depends on where you live
- UK to host American Bandmasters Association's 83rd convention, featuring over 500 artists, on March 7-12
- Science Guy: One balloon is fun, but two are better -- how to pop a balloon within a balloon
Subscribe to Opinion
By Marty Solomon Special to KyForward House Bill 520 is the latest version of charter school legislation that is bad for Kentucky. The worst aspect is...
- More »
- Commentary: Trust in institutional media is at an all-time low -- why and what's the solution?
- Bill Straub: From dangerous windbag to beauty, Paul's view of Trump has evolved since primary battle
- Commentary: Mark the voluntary 'ag tag' farm license donation to invest in Kentucky's youth
- Constance Alexander: New York Times best seller 'Out of My Mind' inspires community forum
- Commentary: AARP Kentucky fighting to protect Medicare from increased cost, risk