The Eastern Box Turtle is present throughout Kentucky, but most often where there is a mixture of forestlands and overgrown fields, with list underbrush around springs, seeps or small creeks. The eastern box turtle is present throughout Kentucky, but most often found where there is a mixture of forestlands...
Ky American Water team finishes 1st, Eric Buelna 2nd in Kentucky River 255-mile endurance padding race
David Duttlinger answers questions after the press conference. (Photo by Judy Clabes) By Judy Clabes KyForward editor David Duttlinger, executive director, and the local elected officials who govern the...
The best-selling car in America for 14 consecutive years is on another streak that recognizes its American symbolism: another award from Cars.com for most American-made. For the second year in a row and...
Subscribe to Business
The Inventors Council will hold its Workshop for Inventors and Entrepreneurs at 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 12 at the new Eastside Library Branch. Doors will...
- More »
- Best-selling, made-in-Kentucky Toyota Camry is on another streak: Most American-made from Cars.com
- Russell Springs manufacturer recognized for youth apprenticeship model to be replicated across state
- Ky. companies to hire more than 5800 in 2016 according to Cabinet for Economic Development
- General Motors Corp. to invest $290 million for upgrades to Corvette Plant in Bowling Green
- West Sixth Brewing introduces new 'Half-Bite' lower alcohol content beer
Subscribe to Government
David Duttlinger answers questions after the press conference. (Photo by Judy Clabes) By Judy Clabes KyForward editor David Duttlinger, executive director,...
- More »
- Kentucky Department of Agriculture acts to protect summer travelers from credit card skimming at pump
- Leave It to the Pros: Fire Marshal advises it's better to celebrate July 4th at community events
- Old Time Kentucky: Laura Clay, daughter of Lion of White Hall, was first woman to get Presidential vote
- Scam alert: Labor Secretary warns don't believe call from 'Workers' Compensation Appeals Board'
- Lawmakers looking for a path forward on vetoed Kentucky Real ID legislation
Subscribe to Health
The University of Louisville has good news for working health professionals who want to start or finish a bachelor’s degree: A new education program...
- More »
- All you need to know about Governor's proposal to modify Medicaid -- your chance to comment
- Public Health, Fish & Wildlife, State Park officials join to combat Zika virus
- Work-oriented requirements in Medicaid plan could hit a snag; feds haven't approved similar proposals
- Northern Kentucky Health Department confirms first Zika virus case; residents urged to take precautions
- Summer Vacation: Henry Clay students working with UK HealthCare through Teen Volunteer Program
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Effective July 1, the 2-1-1 Contact Center will receive the official designation of the Bluegrass Area Development District’s Aging and Disability...
- More »
- Lex Habitat's 'Love Your Neighborhood' program gets state award; volunteer Dennis Pike also honored
- Morris Book Shop's burger cooking competition draws a crowd, raises $700 for Glean Kentucky
- Kentucky Pro Football Hall of Fame sets events to benefit Salvation Army Boys & Girls Club
- U of L research shows karma beliefs may have an affect on decision to volunteer
- UK doctors providing dental care in Appalachia rewarded with reduction of student loan debt
Subscribe to Education
Jamila Pugh has been appointed the new campus director of American National University’s Lexington Campus. Pugh has comprehensive expertise in admissions...
- More »
- KCTCS to offer free dual credit class to high school juniors, aligning with Bevin's scholarship program
- On the Road: Former truck driver seeks to improve working conditions, safety for women on the highway
- UK hosting conference on LGBTQ issues for behavioral health, other helping professionals
- Kentucky Law Enforcement Explorer Academy simulates active shooting scenario at Campbellsville
- KyCIR: Ramsey says despite controversy, it's business as usual at University of Louisville
Subscribe to Sports
The Eastern Box Turtle is present throughout Kentucky, but most often where there is a mixture of forestlands and overgrown fields, with list underbrush...
- More »
- Calipari, former UK standout Towns to host first Rookie of the Year camp Aug. 3
- EKU athletics enjoys banner year; club team to compete in national obstacle event
- West Virginia scores two runs in first inning, holds on for 3-2 win over Legends
- Keith Taylor: Mitchell, Barnhart mourn Summitt's passing; UK's heralded freshman class on campus
- Louisville standout swimmer Worrell edges Vollmer to punch ticket to Rio Olympics
Subscribe to News
Courier Journal Reporter Deborah Yetter from the first public hearing in Bowling Green yesterday about Gov. Matt Bevin’s Kentucky HEALTH reform of...
- More »
- Ky American Water team finishes 1st, Eric Buelna 2nd in Kentucky River 255-mile endurance padding race
- Kentucky American Water using unique trenchless technology for first time to upgrade water main
- Gardenside Pride celebrates dedication of new bus shelter, sign thanks to collaboration for beautification
- Prichard Committee parent leadership advocate, Beverly Raimondo, loses battle with cancer
- UK Board of Trustees extends Capilouto's contract by three years to 'invest in the future'
Subscribe to Region/State
Rep. Wayne hopes Pope Francis’ remarks on fairness will spur renewed push for statewide fairness lawRep. Jim Wayne, D-Louisville, says it’s time for a renewed push for a statewide Fairness Law in light of Pope Francis’ statement that Christians owe...
- More »
- Bluegrass & Backroads: Heat of the summer brings migration of popular humingbirds
- Kentucky State Parks offer wide variety of Fourth of July events around the state
- Native American Inter-Tribal Weekend July 16-17 at Big Bone Lick State Historic Site
- Aviation Museum to unveil bronze sculpture of aviation pioneer Van Meter
- Thunderstorms fascinating to watch, but lightning strikes can turn deadly -- here's some safety tips
Subscribe to Living
Workplace Bullying defined by Workplacebullying.org is — repeated, health-harming mistreatment of one or more persons (the targets) by one or more perpetrators....
- More »
- Kentucky by Heart: Teacher's national anthem performance remains memorable
- Daily Yonder: Showing friends what it was like to work underground easy until running afoul of the law
- Fayette County students tune into Chinese during two-week immersion camp
- Your Kentucky Home: Three tips to create a stylish space for pets
- KR255 Endurance Race on Kentucky River in full swing as competitors reach half-way mark
Subscribe to Opinion
Jeff Rubin: As we celebrate 4th of July, remember that veterans deserve dignity, respect — and benefitsThis 4th of July as we celebrate the many freedoms we enjoy as Americans, let us not forget the right each of us has to live a life of dignity, respect,...
- More »
- Constance Alexander: A look at health issues the candidates should be talking about this election cycle
- Commentary: Support Marsy's Law for Kentucky to give crime victims voice they deserve
- Commentary: Vilification of social conservatives following Orlando tragedy was unwarranted
- Commentary: University of Kentucky spending plan focuses on student success, strategic plan
- Gayle Pille: Please stop kidnapping those baby birds; leave them be -- they are trying to grow up