By R.G. Dunlop Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting A major shakeup has occurred in the Kentucky Department of Juvenile Justice, less than a month after 16-year-old Gynnya McMillen died in a state-run detention center. Commissioner Bob D. Hayter, who had run the agency since November 2014, is...
By By Tim Marema Special to KyForward FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler visits a Jackson County, Kentucky, phone cooperative that built a state-of-the-art network capable of delivering 1 gigabyte-per-second download...
Billy Clyde is back! His Ranger College team in Texas is doing wonders in junior college basketball this season, compiling a remarkable 21-4 record and a No. 24 national ranking going into this week’s...
Bill Straub: Kentucky legislators, governor repeating tired, predictable efforts to limit women’s rights
WASHINGTON – For the record, I’ve never had an abortion. If history is any indication it’s unlikely I will have one anytime in the future – I am, after all, well past what generally are referred...
Subscribe to Business
By By Tim Marema Special to KyForward FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler visits a Jackson County, Kentucky, phone cooperative that built a state-of-the-art network...
- More »
- Kentucky American Water recognized as a Best Place to Work for third consecutive year
- More than 300 jobs preserved at Pineville Community Hospital following USDA loan, refinancing
- Kentucky American Water announces Fayette County winners of annual water science fair
- Keven Moore: Blue Grass Stockyards a sad loss to community -- and a reminder for business owners
- Fifth Third's Express Banking provides basic services to those without traditional accounts
Subscribe to Government
In light of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to issue a stay on the EPA’s Clean Power Plan (CPP), the Energy and Environment Cabinet is deferring...
- More »
- KyCIR: Juvenile Justice commissioner removed following death of teen in state-run detention center
- Enhanced security and fraud tools may result in delays in getting state tax refunds back
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife seeks 20 conservation officer recruits, applications being taken
- Fayette County Judge Executive Roberts: In the business of putting himself out of business
- Group of survivors, families to ask legislators to improve quality of life for patients with cancer
Subscribe to Health
By Dr. Matthew Ellsworth Special to KyForward With spring still weeks away, chances are we are in store for at least a bit more snow and icy weather. Here...
- More »
- Nationally recognized heart disease expert Pigula joins faculty at University of Louisville
- Your Health: Cancer link to obesity should provide motivation to healthy weight maintenance
- While national numbers for health care enrollment on the rise, fewer signed on in Kentucky this year
- State health officials encouraging flu vaccinations now to protect against more severe illness
- Research finds a web-based reward program helps teens, pregnant smokers in Appalachia quit
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Republic Bank is partnering with the Office of the Fayette County Sheriff and Chase Dry Cleaners to provide a coat and blanket to every Lexington citizen...
- More »
- Actress Jennifer Garner highlights Save the Children success for state legislative committees
- Kentucky Children's Hospital to benefit from proceeds from Lexus of Lexington raffle
- Kosair Charities named this year's beneficiary of pre-Derby Hats for Hope fundraising event
- Legal Aid of the Bluegrass adds attorney, hotline dedicated to veterans' legal questions
- Delta Dental grant will fund oral health education and care for underserved Kentucky children
Subscribe to Education
The University of Kentucky Commencement committee has announced time changes for the May 2016 Commencement ceremonies in order to better accommodate a...
- More »
- Going for the Gold: Pair of Kentucky music teachers under consideration for Grammy Award
- Former Reagan advisor Bandow set to address Campbellsville's Heartland Public Policy Institute
- UK Children's Hospital nurses utilize 'Kangaroo Care' to protect bond between mother, new born
- Kentucky State president Burse says proposed budget cuts threaten school's future
- Dunbar junior is Kentucky’s representative in national Doodle 4 Google art contest
Subscribe to Sports
Kentucky men’s basketball sophomore point guard Tyler Ulis is one of 20 players on the John R. Wooden Award Late Season Top 20 list, announced Wednesday...
- More »
- Eastern Kentucky travels to Morehead State Thursday to renew old harcourt rivalry
- Jamie Vaught: Former UK coach Gillispie keeping mum about his success at Texas junior college
- Veteran Cumberlands athletics director Randy Vernon announces retirement after 37 years
- Keith Taylor: Hitting its stride, UK puts together best effort of the year in 82-48 rout of Georgia
- Art Lander's Outdoors: Venison chili a real comfort(ing) food to ease a cold winter’s day
Subscribe to News
The effort to achieve sales tax equity for Kentucky’s horse industry took a step forward when the Kentucky House Agriculture Committee unanimously approved...
- More »
- Majority of Kentuckians favor raising legal age to buy tobacco products from 18 to 21, divided on tax
- Miller named commissioner of Department of Medicaid; Holiday to head Homeland Security Office
- Kentucky Division of Water makes funds available for projects that help prevent contamination
- Gallup says Kentucky leads the nation in percentage reduction of citizens without health insurance
- People in the News: New director for UK School of Journalism; Gibson joins KentuckyOne Health
Subscribe to Region/State
Surviving family members of cancer-stricken firefighters are a step closer to qualifying for state-paid survivor benefits after the Committee on State...
- More »
- Acquisition of private water system by Big Sandy District gains Public Service Commission approval
- Kentucky Speedway gearing up for 2016 season with new racing surface, challenges for drivers
- Federal health administrator tells Bevin shutting down Kynect will create 'a number of challenges'
- Legislative Briefs: University projects bill clears committee; anti-bullying measure approved
- Legislative Briefs: Campaign contributions could double under bill; limits for tanning bed use
Subscribe to Living
This weekend’s edition of Kentucky Educational Television’s (KET) “Kentucky Life” will be sure to catch your attention as one segment of...
- More »
- Keven Moore: Risk-management mode kicks in as Big-Blue Boogie Man, young fan take Rupp tumble
- Science Guy: Color changing flowers make perfect Valentine's Day science gift
- Shaker Village events highlighted by music, hands-on workshops, guided hikes, ultramarathon trail runs
- UK offering wide variety of weekly arts classes appropriate for adults with busy schedules
- Kentucky by Heart: African American Encyclopedia calls needed attention to contributions of Dunnigan
Subscribe to Opinion
Bill Straub: Kentucky legislators, governor repeating tired, predictable efforts to limit women’s rightsWASHINGTON – For the record, I’ve never had an abortion. If history is any indication it’s unlikely I will have one anytime in the future – I am,...
- More »
- Constance Alexander: When the facts are sparse, state Historical Society there to set us straight
- Commentary: Appalachian Kentucky schools, students not waiting to build new economy
- Mike Denham: Legislators have more questions, not enough answers about details of proposed cuts
- Commentary: Bevin right about the need for engineers, but liberal arts degrees important, too
- Bill Straub: Brokered convention appears to be the likeliest outcome for the GOP Presidential race