By Tammy L. Lane Special to KyForward While teens can sometimes take for granted the technology that infuses their world, students in Bryan Station High School’s IT Academy realize that not everyone is as plugged in. That’s why they volunteer regularly at the Lexington Senior Center, where retirees...
Halloween not spooky because of tricks and treats; it’s downright scary for the $8.4 billion we’ll spend
With total Halloween spending expected to reach $8.4 billion this year — $1.5 billion more than in 2015 — the personal-finance website WalletHub released its 2016’s Best Cities for Halloween report...
With the changing of fall leaves comes the migration of wildlife, particularly deer. The Kentucky State Police is urging all motorists to be aware of the increased dangers posed by deer wandering onto...
For the first time this week, John Calipari got a glimpse of what his potential backcourt will look like this season. “It’s going to be a work in progress, but it’s going good,” the Kentucky coach...
Subscribe to Business
Halloween not spooky because of tricks and treats; it’s downright scary for the $8.4 billion we’ll spendWith total Halloween spending expected to reach $8.4 billion this year — $1.5 billion more than in 2015 — the personal-finance website WalletHub released...
- More »
- Bed Wood and Parts to expand, add 42 jobs on $3.7 million investment in Christian County
- Tall stacks: Bard’s Burgers and Chili stacks the beef patties high and catches the Food Network’s eye
- Labor Cabinet receives $896,000 federal Apprenticeship Grant, to add 1,300 state positions
- Airfares from CVG decline another 13.5 percent in second quarter; airport now ranks #40 nationally
- Five ways to protect your small business from account fraud during National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
Subscribe to Government
Kentucky’s population is projected to grow more than 10 percent by 2040 although 66 percent of its counties are expected to decline in population, according...
- More »
- Beshear joins West Virginia, Ohio attorneys general in tri-state effort to fight against opioid crisis
- Minton tells committee judicial redistricting will ensure more appropriate allocation of resources
- Traffic fatalities rise on Kentucky's roadways; drivers urged to make 'safe decisions behind the wheel'
- Careful strategic planning for natural or man-made disasters no accident
- Paducah's Merryman House receives $500,000 Community Development Block Grant
Subscribe to Health
By Melissa Patrick and Traci Thomas Kentucky Health News The oral health of Kentucky’s school children is getting worse, even though access to oral...
- More »
- Health commissioner ignores political correctness, urges Bevin to back anti-smoking measures
- SmartHealthToday: Take these steps to avoid painful exercise-associated muscle cramps
- SmartHealthToday: Pet therapy works -- and sometimes animal-assisted therapy works miracles
- Frequent consumption of energy drinks, even without alcohol, can lead to drunk driving
- Public comments on Bevin's Medicaid plan can continue until feds issue final decision
Subscribe to Philanthropy
What’s your best idea to help your city succeed? The Knight Cities Challenge is calling on innovators of all types in Lexington to answer this question. The...
- More »
- Going the Extra Mile: Over 800 expected to join Georgetown Toyota’s 3K walk for local nonprofits
- Clark County Children's Adventure Area finalists in State Farm Assist grant competiton
- Redwood gets 3-year accreditation from Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities
- Ms. Wheelchair Kentucky educates society about needs and achievements of people with disabilities
- Time still remains for UK faculty, staff to make donations to United Way Campaign
Subscribe to Education
By Tammy L. Lane Special to KyForward While teens can sometimes take for granted the technology that infuses their world, students in Bryan Station High...
- More »
- Chef shows students that with a little planning, preparation, healthy eating can be accessible
- Pruitt selects 16 news students to serve on Commissioner's Student Advisory Council
- Guy appointed new dean of the UK College of Pharmacy
- Tates Creek's Shericka Smith named 2016 Kentucky School Social Worker of the Year
- UK Board of Trustees approves honorary doctorate degrees for Don and Mira Ball
Subscribe to Sports
By Mark Hansel Special to KyForward A few thousand Bengals fans are expected to make the trip across the pond to cheer the Cincinnati Bengals on against...
- More »
- Keith Taylor: Calipari says meshing Fox, Briscoe and Monk in the backcourt 'good stuff'
- First football playoff rankings due Tuesday, but for Petrino only UofL's performance matters
- Barn Notes: Makin' Sense takes Upson Downs Purse at Keeneland; Hagyard Fayette features Noble Bird
- Colonels try to rebound from tough loss with road matchup at Tennessee Martin
- O'Bannon tabbed OVC preseason Player of the Year; Mayo named preseason all-conference for men
Subscribe to News
By Alexandra Kanik and Brendan McCarthy Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting With just weeks left until the presidential election, Kentucky voters...
- More »
- Unemployment rates down in 74 Kentucky counties in September 2016, KOET says
- Rural Blog: Kentucky leads nation in cancer deaths related to smoking; top five all in South
- UK's Kentucky Kernel receives Pacemaker award, the 'Pulitzer Prize' of college journalism
- Decline in Kentucky food prices returns in third quarter, according to KFB Marketbasket survey
- Rural Blog: DEA investigators say officials hampered attempts to slow rise of opioids
Subscribe to Region/State
With the changing of fall leaves comes the migration of wildlife, particularly deer. The Kentucky State Police is urging all motorists to be aware of the...
- More »
- Lawmakers question plan to apply cap to plan to provide cities with addition state road aid
- Carp Blitz: State organizing event at Kentucky, Barkley lakes to gauge population of Asian carp
- Rainfall not sufficient to ease forest fire danger; seasonal restrictions on outdoor burning in effect
- Family Nurturing Center receives $43,000 grant to battle child sexual assault
- Geocaching Weekend set for Oct. 29-30 at Barren River Lake State Resort Park
Subscribe to Living
Having just celebrated its 3 year anniversary, the non-profit organization Dress for Success Lexington has secured a larger location in Gainesway Shopping...
- More »
- UK Symphony Orchestra continues 98th season with concert with soprano Karen Slack
- Keven Moore: Looking back on magical time, terrific memories at 35th Lafayette High School reunion
- Elephants, dogs and more, oh my! Murray State student gains veterinary experience in Thailand
- Kentucky by Heart: Breast cancer is 'common denominator' in group's shared journey
- UK Friends of Music benefit 'Brews and Bites' set for Thursday at Ethereal Brewing Co.
Subscribe to Opinion
By Chris Nation Special to KyForward As an Alzheimer’s Association Ambassador, I champion the fight to end Alzheimer’s and am proud of our...
- More »
- Bill Straub: Under a possible Clinton administration, Beshear's influence on health care could increase
- Constance Alexander: Coalition gives hope and provides education regarding suicide
- Commentary: Immediate attention needed in corrections to avoid another consent decree
- Mike Denham: Kentucky's abundant forest lands generating $14.6 billion for state's economy
- Commentary: Breast Cancer Awareness Month focuses on courage in the face of adversity