By Keith Taylor KyForward sports writer Playing football at the University of Kentucky was a dream come true for Patrick Towles. He just wishes he could have ended his career as a Wildcat. Towles announced Sunday that he plans to transfer next season. Towles started Kentucky’s first 10 games before...
By Russ Brown KyForward correspondent Let’s be honest. And blunt. Lamar Jackson saved Bobby Petrino from a very embarrassing loss that would have had University of Louisville fans questioning whether...
By Dave Baker Special to KyForward Twenty years ago, viewers of Kentucky Afield tuned their televisions to a most unusual sight: a new, unknown host named Tim Farmer pulling back a bowstring with his teeth...
By Keith Taylor KyForward sports writer Kentucky cruised without its floor general Friday. The top-ranked Wildcats (6-0) remained undefeated with an 84-63 win over South Florida in the Miami Hoophall Invitational....
Subscribe to Business
Kentucky’s Amazon Fullfillment Centers gearing up for Cyber Monday, anticipating busiest holiday everStaff Report Amazon Fulfillment Centers in Kentucky will be on high alert as Cyber Monday approaches. The company is anticipating its busiest holiday...
- More »
- Study: Kentucky Agricultural Development Fund generating $2 in farm income on every dollar invested
- Kentucky's workplace injury, illness rate at lowest in history but slightly higher than national average
- Looking for good Black Friday deals? Books, movies and music will offer the most value, WalletHub says
- Small Business Spotlight: Shopping small on Nov. 28 - and every day - good for America's communities
- Caterpillar to close Danville facility; decision will impact 75 jobs, including 25 to be moved to Illinois
Subscribe to Education
From 2015 to 2020 there will be 57,900 average annual openings for graduates with bachelor’s or higher degrees in food, agriculture, renewable natural...
- More »
- EKU announces partners for new student housing projects; it's first public-private partnership
- 'Gobble Grease Toss' good for the environment, good for Sayre Middle School students
- Thomas More officials announce plans to add wrestling, dance to intercollegiate programs
- Henry Clay freshman Lucas Etter sets speedcubing world record; solves Rubik's cube in a 4.90 seconds
- Puppy Power: UK law students de-stress, find a little joy during 'Dog Days of Finals' event
Subscribe to Government
Bernie Sanders, a Vermont socialist who was elected U.S. senator as an independent and is running for the Democratic presidential nomination, had the highest...
- More »
- KSP's Operation R.A.I.D. targeting aggressive, impaired, distracted drivers on Kentucky roadways
- Capitol Education Center will now be known as the Jane K. Beshear Education Center, after first lady
- To the people of Kentucky: A special thank you message from the governor and first lady
- Bevin-Hampton Inaugural Committee launches website to provide details around the Dec. 8 events
- County officials across Kentucky hope to protect funding for prosecutors, PVAs during budget session
Subscribe to Health
By Peggy O’Farrell SmartHealthToday There is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease. But as researchers continue to search for better options to treat...
- More »
- Your Health: Passing on a flu shot could mean weeks of misery this winter
- AMA calls for ban on advertising of prescription drugs to patients, says ads fuel escalating prices
- The war on heroin, once an urban battle, now being fought in rural white America
- Dr. Rice Leach, outspoken leader in public health, retiring as Fayette Co. health commissioner
- Kentucky fans crush Tennessee fans in Big Blue Crush, helping ensure enough blood for holidays
Subscribe to Living
The Kentucky Artisan Center at Berea starts off the traditional holiday shopping season with multiple events featuring decorative gourds, holiday music...
- More »
- Chef John Foster: Waste not, want not when it comes to those Thanksgiving leftovers
- Daily Yonder: Syrian refugees would be welcome addition to underpopulated rural America
- Coach Colene: Nothing is as stressful as the pursuit of perfection, so give it up - for good
- Your Kentucky Home: Setting a beautiful table for Thanksgiving is as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Kentucky by Heart: A bucket list that's already been fulfilled, sharing a deep sense of gratitude
Subscribe to News
Governor Steve Beshear has made the following appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions: Kentucky Bicycle and Bikeway Commission · Douglas...
- More »
- Beshear signs order restoring rights to vote, hold office to certain offenders once sentences served
- FCPS board votes to hire experts for district audits; 'This is a monumental day,' superintendent says
- Lottery scratch-off ticket sales continue to surge, while Mega Millions, Powerball still suffering
- Nursing homes, other elderly caregivers will have to do national criminal background checks on workers
- Lexington Center board votes to pursue expansion, replacement of convention center
Subscribe to Opinion
WASHINGTON — As always there’s plenty to be grateful for on this Thanksgiving Day, even though the commercial interests have succeeded in shanghaiing...
- More »
- Lyn Hacker: A real thanksgiving message, about the small acts of love and kindness that define us
- Constance Alexander: When in the wrong hands, words become deadly weapons
- Mike Denham: As Americans and as Kentuckians, we have a lot to be thankful for this holiday season
- Jeff Hoover: Lawmaker's switch shows Kentuckians ready for change in the state House
- Bill Straub: If we are going to turn a blind eye to plight of refugees, a ‘Modest Proposal’ may work
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Nearly 2,300 runners and walkers gathered at Keeneland on Thanksgiving morning for the 32nd annual Thoroughbred Classic 5K presented by local running...
- More »
- Habitat for Humanity's Bids4Builds auction ends soon; make your last-minute purchases now
- LEXPARK's 'Food for Fines' program collects nearly 1,000 cans - and a lot of attention - in first week
- UK students organize coat, blanket drive to ensure peers are prepared for harsh winter weather
- 'Cram the Cruiser' food drive underway; collection sites set up at all 16 Kentucky State Police posts
- Dress for Success Lexington honored for producing 'extraordinary outcomes' in short time since opening
Subscribe to Region/State
By Hannah Purnell Special to KyForward Say you’re an entrepreneur with a million-dollar idea. Maybe you’ve even secured funding to get started, or...
- More »
- Kentucky Dam Marina, Lake Beshear boat ramps closing down Nov. 30 for maintenance
- Online printing company GotPrint plans to add 15 jobs, 32,000 square feet at Hebron facility
- Libraries in 29 E. Kentucky counties distribute free copies of Great Diabetes Epidemic in outreach effort
- Harlan Co. communities of Cumberland, Benham, Lynch certified together as 13th Kentucky Trail Town
- Two Louisville tourism projects get preliminary approval for incentives; will undergo review process
Subscribe to Sports
By Keith Taylor KyForward sports writer Playing football at the University of Kentucky was a dream come true for Patrick Towles. He just wishes he could...
- More »
- Strong offensive performance from Jackson saves Louisville from embarrassing loss to Kentucky
- Keith Taylor: Season-ending loss to Louisville completes another late collapse by Wildcats
- Victory by Western Kentucky results in adjustments to high school football championship schedule
- Kentucky Afield Outdoors: With Farmer as host, KET program always kept focus on everyday folks
- UK freshmen pick up the slack after Tyler Ulis suffers elbow injury in win over South Florida