Keeneland announced Tuesday that Robert N. Elliston, executive vice president & COO of Breeders’ Cup Limited since 2012, will join the historic Thoroughbred race track and sales company in the new position of Vice President of Racing and Sales, effective Aug. 29. Keeneland’s globally significant...
Special to KyForward Johns Hopkins University’s Everyone Graduates Center issued a report earlier this year showing that the nation has made great progress in raising high school graduation rates...
By Kristy Robinson Horine KyForward correspondent She has the first office on the right, a perfect first view of any visitors, and usually the first person they talk to. Yet Bourbon County Senior Center...
By Steve Flairty KyForward columnist This is a reprint of a column that was originally published on Aug. 11, 2015 The preacher at Pleasant Ridge Christian Church, in small and rural Cowan, Kentucky, found...
Subscribe to Business
By Anthony Wyatt KyForward reporter Some people know Linda Fritz as an organic edamame farmer, others as a enterprising entrepreneur in the male-dominated...
- More »
- Bluegrass & Backroads: Kentucky knife maker known around the world thanks to movie exposure
- EatKentucky: Frisch’s, Grisanti unveiling sizzling new Western BBQ Sandwich trio
- Ashland declares dividend, announces advancement of Valvoline strategy, names new member of board
- Keven Moore: OSHA waving a bigger stick as fines could increase 80 percent for employers
- BBB Trends: New restrictions on telemarketers -- look for relief, but register with Do Not Call Registry
Subscribe to Government
The Lexington Area Metropolitan Planning Organization is seeking public input on the FY 2017 – FY 2020 Transportation Improvement Program. The MPO is...
- More »
- Justice Department files lawsuits to block sale of Humana, Cigna, citing reduced competition
- $2.3 million expansion at Napoleon Products facility in Crittenden to add 30 jobs in Grant County
- EKPC seeking approval from Kentucky PSC for 60-acre solar project in Clark County
- Danville-Boyle County Economic Development Partnership votes to oppose pipeline proposal
- Public health officials caution pregnant women to avoid traveling to Zika-affected areas
Subscribe to Health
Hepatitis C among Kentucky women of childbearing age more than tripled from 2011 to 2014, while the national rate among that group was rising only moderately,...
- More »
- State leads nation in cancers caused by a virus that could be stopped with vaccinations
- Dry eye syndrome a common and chronic problem that is easily treated
- Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky voices concerns about new Medicaid plan to legislative panel
- Appalachian Health and Well-Being Forum set for Whitesburg extension office July 25
- Coach Colene: News flash! Don't be afraid to ask for what you want in life
Subscribe to Philanthropy
The Civil War Trust has declared victory on three properties totaling 70 acres associated with the historic 1862 Perryville battlefield. This latest preservation...
- More »
- Fayette County Public Schools, YMCA collaborate for Back to School rallies in 15 neighborhoods
- Whitmor creates special pattern for products to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
- Central Kentucky blood donors will receive gift cards for back-to-school supplies in July
- Funds originally set aside to rebuild defunct church donated to Sunrise Children’s Services
- Lexington Habitat: Family from Republic of Congo will soon have a new home following project
Subscribe to Education
Dr. Eric Carter is the new dean of regional instruction and services and associate professor of sociology at Campbellsville University. Carter has served...
- More »
- Murray State University to host Hemp Education and Field Day on Aug. 4
- Campbellsville University hosts 20 STEM students from 11 education centers in India
- Markey Cancer Center director Hounshell educating kids about screening importance
- U of L ranked among top 100 universities in the world for U.S. patents granted in 2015
- Campbellsville University names Peavler new director of alumni relations
Subscribe to Sports
Following the program’s best conference finish in the previous 10 seasons, the Morehead State football program continues to be favored as one of...
- More »
- Early offensive lightning from Fireflies backs strong pitching effort in 8-2 decision over Legends
- Kentucky women to host Oklahoma in 2016 SEC/Big 12 Challenge at Memorial
- Two-out walk off home run off bat of Maezes gives Legends wild 12-11 win over Fireflies
- Cards' goal is national title, but first they have to end their futility against Clemson, FSU
- Former UK track and field standout Kendra Harrison shatters world record in 100-meter hurdles
Subscribe to News
Keeneland announced Tuesday that Robert N. Elliston, executive vice president & COO of Breeders’ Cup Limited since 2012, will join the historic...
- More »
- 'For All Kids' report shows Kentucky's high school graduation rate now among highest in nation
- Public comments about experiences with Lexington Police Department invited as part of assessment
- Travel-related Zika infection identified in Fayette County; mother, baby post no risk to spread
- Lexmark sharholders approve merger agreement with Apex Technology, PAG Asia Capital
- Study finds no link between tighter controls on opioids and increased heroin usage
Subscribe to Region/State
By Kristy Robinson Horine KyForward correspondent She has the first office on the right, a perfect first view of any visitors, and usually the first person...
- More »
- Kentucky Tourism Arts & Heritage Cabinet, USEF, sign long-term agreement for Kentucky Horse Park
- Daily Yonder: New job at different mine a better opportunity on a tightly run ship ... or is it?
- Ain't In No Hurry wasn't -- until he finally got to race at age 7; then he hurried right to Winner's Circle
- Fun-for-all at Ellis Park -- ostrich race, camel race, and Dial Me wins in second start for his 200 owners
- Kentucky's unemployment rate for June falls to 5 percent, lower than figures from last year
Subscribe to Living
By Steve Flairty KyForward columnist This is a reprint of a column that was originally published on Aug. 11, 2015 The preacher at Pleasant Ridge Christian...
- More »
- Keeneland Concours D'Elegance award for best of show for 2016 goes to 1934 Bugatti
- Old Time Kentucky: Hollywood strongman of 1930s performed physical feats that were hard to believe
- Christine Luken: What to do with a windfall? Be aware, it can be a source of stress; don't waste it
- Your Kentucky Home: How to choose the best countertops for your home
- Calling prospective actors: Extras needed for movie in production near Springfield
Subscribe to Opinion
By Richard Nelson Special to KyForward The latest murder of three Baton Rouge police officers has rattled our already fragile sense of safety and reminds...
- More »
- Commentary: Courage required as Kentucky works to implement Every Student Succeeds Act
- Commentary: Kentucky should keep the Medicaid expansion as it is; say no to KyHealth alternative
- Jeff Rubin: Affordable housing issues demand creative thinking and action
- Bill Straub: Bevin's claim of ignorance over removal of Jane Beshear's name from center has hollow ring
- Commentary: #KeepKYCovered coalition speaks out about risks to well-being of Bevin health proposal