By James McNair Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting During Tim Longmeyer’s four-year run as secretary of the Kentucky Personnel Cabinet, giving money to Democratic candidates for state office was a gesture widespread among his so-called “non-merit” employees. Of the 32 full-time non-merit...
Belles of the Ferdinand’s Ball: Sisters throw a pre-Derby place-to-be party to benefit retired horses
By Vicki Prichard Special to KyForward The time has come to shine the julep cups, snip the mint and lift the wide-brimmed chapeaus from their boxes. In Kentucky, tradition prevails, and as the first Saturday...
Marques Bolden is still pondering his future but is expected to make a decision on his college choice sooner rather than later. The 6-foot-10 center told USA Today last weekend that he’s getting...
So here came the new shooter from California, a dude with a mop of prematurely white hair, tinted sunglasses, and a rapier with rarely seen on the backstretch of any American race track. The hardboots,...
Subscribe to Business
Creform Corp., a material-handling systems company, broke ground Tuesday on a $4 million production facility in Georgetown projected to create 10 full-time...
- More »
- Kentucky American Water awards $11,300 in grants for three green projects
- New stand-alone Luxco distillery in Bardstown will create 34 full-time jobs with $30 million investment
- Bluegrass & Backroads: Beautiful and artistic ornamental iron by Kentucky Ironworks
- Champion Home Builders bringing 150 jobs, $6.3 million investment to Marshall County
- Registration open for 32nd annual Governor’s Safety and Health Conference in Louisville
Subscribe to Government
By Melissa Patrick Kentucky Health News More Kentucky localities are likely to see efforts for smoking bans, as a statewide ban appears less likely and...
- More »
- Bevin appoints Carey, Wessels to tax appeals board; three named to parole board
- Rural Blog: Kentucky Supreme Court to decide if anonymous Topix critics should be unmasked
- Dispose of unused or expired drugs at most Kentucky State Police posts Saturday
- SOAR executive board unanimously selects KARD applicants to receive total of $1.5 million
- Kentucky Department of Insurance gives approval for Anthem's purchase of Cigna Dental Health
Subscribe to Health
As health care professionals, Emily Knight and Jerrica Norvell are dedicating their lives to help others. And for these 2015 DMD-graduates of the University...
- More »
- SmartHealthToday: After all that training, here are tips for recovering from the big race days
- SmartHealthToday: Is that a 'sinus headache' you are suffering -- or is it really a migraine?
- UofL nursing professor receives American Association of Nurse Practitioners State Award
- Eye Health: Spring is the season of splashy colors, unfortunately many see them through red, itchy eyes
- UnitedHealth Group to stop offering state insurance plans through Affordable Care marketplace
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Transitioning from elementary school to middle school isn’t an easy task. That’s why Kosair Charities Children’s Peace Center at Our Lady of Peace,...
- More »
- Charitable Impact sets Kentucky Oaks and Derby handicapping fundraiser for May 2
- Baptist Health Lexington to offer annual free stroke screening May 13
- Free ‘Shred Fest 2016’ designed to help Lexington-area consumers avoid risk of identity theft
- Survive the Night, Roll for the Cure team for bike relay to benefit Markey Cancer Center
- KentuckyOne Health encourages Kentuckians to Donate Life by registering to become a donor
Subscribe to Education
The University of Kentucky Board of Trustees accepted six gifts and pledges today totaling nearly $17.5 million. The College of Engineering is the recipient...
- More »
- Brain Power: Literacy advocate Alane Adams believes exercise for the head makes you smarter
- Special Day: Former Wildcat Randall Cobb first in his family to obtain a college degree
- Georgetown College selects Wilhite to serve as new chief financial officer, treasurer
- Toyota makes $1 million gift to Georgetown College to support scholarships for STEM students
- EKU president Michael Benson receives three-year contract extension; tuition increases 5 percent
Subscribe to Sports
The 1-2 finishers from last month’s Ashland Stakes at Keeneland, Ashbrook Farm’s Weep No More and Stonestreet Stables’ Rachel’s Valentina, sporting...
- More »
- Keith Taylor: UK recruit Bolden getting close to decision; Briscoe, Lee NBA combine alternates
- Billy Reed: Turns out Triple Crown winner Bob Baffert is much more than a one-hit wonder
- Kentucky baseball team set to take on instate foe Eastern Kentucky in rescheduled contest
- Legends take early advantage, but Hickory pours it on late to come away with 8-4 win
- Cody, Shelby lead Kentucky past Auburn in series finale to avoid three-game sweep
Subscribe to News
By James McNair Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting During Tim Longmeyer’s four-year run as secretary of the Kentucky Personnel Cabinet, giving...
- More »
- Rural Blog: Burning of coal to generate electricity down in all but two states
- Kentuckians will wager on the Derby, but survey says Commonwealth doesn't have gambling problem
- NCAA says future Final Four host cities must have LGBT inclusive non-discrimination laws
- Advocate Messenger: Boyle County's McKinney says it's time to end 'misplaced' scrutiny of BGADD
- Biotech startup Hera BioLabs to open Lexington headquarters, bringing 23 new jobs, $1.8 million
Subscribe to Region/State
Gov. and Mrs. Matt Bevin cordially invite all Kentuckians and their guests to join them at the Governor’s Downtown Derby Celebration on May 7 from 9...
- More »
- Sanders plans two-day swing through Kentucky with stops in Lexington, Louisville
- Old Time Kentucky: When it comes to a plague, think bubonic, locust ... or squirrel?
- Keeneland wraps up 2016 Spring Meet with gains in attendance and wagering
- Ethics Reporter: Spending on lobbying during legislative session is on record pace
- Revamped Kentucky Horse Racing Commission includes Kling, Jones and former jockey Day
Subscribe to Living
Belles of the Ferdinand’s Ball: Sisters throw a pre-Derby place-to-be party to benefit retired horsesBy Vicki Prichard Special to KyForward The time has come to shine the julep cups, snip the mint and lift the wide-brimmed chapeaus from their boxes. In...
- More »
- Kentucky by Heart: From ‘splittin’ jeans’ to splitting genes, Pendleton County native earned Nobel Prize
- Daily Yonder: When heavy equipment comes up against a power cable, something's got to give
- Celebrities Aplenty: Lineup announced for annual Barnstable Brown Kentucky Derby Gala
- Chef Foster: Get your local asparagus early and often; it won't be on hand for very long
- Your Kentucky Home: Branch out this Mother's Day with unique décor items
Subscribe to Opinion
Other than constitutional amendments, which go before the voters, every bill the General Assembly passes has to clear one final hurdle before becoming...
- More »
- Opinion: Educational opportunities abroad foster hope and understanding
- David Hawpe: Higher education should prepare students for lifetime of living and learning
- Lyn Hacker: Birthday looming and taking inventory, my best life lesson was 'Consider the Source'
- Bill Straub: Democrats barely offer a fight in 1st District as GOP dominates Congressional race
- Commentary: Cooperation the key to ensure our students are the center of our decisions