How quickly Thanksgiving fades into our rear view mirror as we face the impending crush of Christmas, New Years and the end of a very tumultuous year. All other hot button issues aside, food in all of its forms has been a pivotal point of debate. Local restaurants opening and closing. Wage increase...
After this weekend’s conference championship football games, the euphoria at Kentucky and the shock at Louisville both will be penetrated by the news of what bowl games the teams have earned. Despite...
Unique holiday experience: Relive the magic of ‘Polar Express’ with one of these Santa-themed excursions
Spend the afternoon aboard a vintage train and relive the magic of “The Polar Express” as it chugs into the Kentucky countryside. Bardstown has two attractions offering Santa-themed excursions...
By Olivia McCoy Special to KyForward Family farming differs from other professions because people in this field both work and live in the same location. This means the risk of injury in the workplace is...
Subscribe to Business
Advanced Green Components joint venture turns to KY Career Center for help filling jobs; still hiringBy Staci May Bluegrass Area Development District Advanced Green Components (AGC) began as a joint venture between Showa Sako and Sanyo Companies in 2013,...
- More »
- Current year Kentucky net farm income likely to reach lowest level since 2010; cattle hard hit
- Deadline extended for new training program to assist minorities, women in construction industry
- Lexmark announces completion of acquisition by Apex Technology and PAG Asia Capital
- Rubicon Global founder Morris named Gatton College Economics Entrepreneur-in-Residence
- In little Ohio River town of Ludlow, there's no clowning around about this fledgling enterprise
Subscribe to Government
The Lexington Police Department announced a partnership with Nextdoor (nextdoor.com), the private social network for neighborhoods, to improve citywide...
- More »
- Drought may mean farmers in 10 southeastern Kentucky counties are eligible for federal aid
- House Republican Majority announces new leadership team for 2017 legislative session
- Gov. Bevin makes appointments to state boards and commissions
- Snow plow blades sharpened, salt is in the barn, KYTC is fully prepared for snow and ice season
- As part of Red Tape Reduction, state Dept. of Workers' Claims has reduced number of claims forms
Subscribe to Health
By Lauze R. Volk Special to KyForward Happy holidays! ‘Tis the season of hustle and bustle, with very little time left over for fitness. To help you...
- More »
- Decisions: Is it better to head to the emergency room or should you wait for your doctor?
- SmartHealthToday: Holiday coffee flavors may be worse for you than regular year-round choices
- Medicaid expansion results in more Kentuckians obtaining preventative breast cancer screenings
- Daily soda dose batters body's cells, increases pre-diabetes risk by 46 percent, study says
- UK Nursing student, breast cancer survivor thrives on activity, beating cancer and finishing school
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Kentucky State Police, G&J Pepsi, God’s Pantry Food Bank and several other non-profits are teaming up for the seventh annual Cram the Cruiser event...
- More »
- Cookies with Santa is coming back to Baptist Health Eastpoint on Sunday
- Two UK programs to benefit from 2016 GoodGiving Guide Challenge
- Firefighting Support Grants totaling $10,213 announced for fire, rescue organizations
- Kentucky is #20 on WalletHub's list of Most Charitable States -- and #GivingTuesday looms
- KY Chapter of Speedway Children's Charities to host annual Night of Giving; to award almost $82,000
Subscribe to Education
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Board of Regents received positive results from the organization’s annual independent financial...
- More »
- UK colleges team up to develop a video game to educate young family farmers, help prevent injuries
- On the Mend: UK Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation helps young athlete regain abilities
- Henry Clay descendant kicks off tenure on Center for Statesmanship Board
- ‘Dream Funders’ featuring U of L College of Business begins second season Nov. 30
- Partners for Youth, Toyota award 11 scholarships, including eight to Fayette students
Subscribe to Sports
By Jonathan Coffman Special to KyForward UK’s John Calipari is not often accused of being an old-school coach. If anyone thought otherwise, he ended...
- More »
- UK Hoops: Undersized Wildcats hand No. 12 Oklahoma first loss of season
- Billy Reed: Juice Bowl incident shows it's not acceptable to just stand by and do nothing
- Balanced attack allows No. 14 Louisville to hold off Purdue in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
- Colonels never trail, knock off Hilltoppers for first time since 1987 in Battle of the Bluegrass
- Room for Improvement: Despite perfect record, top ranking, Cal's Cats could be even better
Subscribe to News
By Mark Hansel NKyTribune managing editor LAS VEGAS – NASCAR announced Thursday that Monster Energy will replace Sprint as the sponsor of its top series. NASCAR...
- More »
- New study shows Kentucky to be ninth least vulnerable state to identity theft, fraud
- Unemployment rates down in 82 Kentucky counties in October 2016; Woodford leads at 3 percent
- Fire ravaging Great Smoky Mountains and Gatlinburg eased but not stopped by overnight rain
- Lancaster Grand Theater offers holiday options -- tickets may be the perfect gift for someone special
- Community health workers play important role in reducing health disparities in Eastern Kentucky
Subscribe to Region/State
By Judy Clabes KyForward editor Rodney Cain, 78, a prominent Northern Kentucky businessman and community leader, died Thursday morning, surrounded by his...
- More »
- Unique holiday experience: Relive the magic of 'Polar Express' with one of these Santa-themed excursions
- Elmer Davis Lake in Owen County will close this month for shad eradication
- Tours, meals, entertainment and more featured during holidays at Kentucky State Parks
- Charah Inc. in Louisville presented Governor’s Safety and Health Award
- Portion of Anderson County highway renamed in honor of fallen trooper Chrisman
Subscribe to Living
How quickly Thanksgiving fades into our rear view mirror as we face the impending crush of Christmas, New Years and the end of a very tumultuous year....
- More »
- Volunteers complete revitalization of Red Mile Trace Trail with help of $20,000 grant from Lowe's
- Keven Moore: Who knew that line-cutting was safe and acceptable? Just use the zipper-merge!
- Science Guy: Static electricity ornament brings a little science to Christmas decorating
- First of its Kind: Lexington Art League ushers in holiday season with Black Friday Art Sale
- Kentucky by Heart: Don't hold back; take time to say what needs to be said to your loved ones
Subscribe to Opinion
By Tim Marema Special to KyForward In making the rounds to promote the open enrollment period of healthcare exchanges, the Ag Secretary also said Americans...
- More »
- Bill Straub: Chao as transportation secretary could place McConnell in a bind over infrastructure
- Constance Alexander: Under any name, vision of Murray Elementary anthology hasn't waivered
- Ryan Quarels: Too many Kentuckians going hungry -- consider what you can to do change that
- Rural communities need more than 'outreach,' they need to build people-powered organizations
- Ron Daley: Eastern Kentucky must learn from past to prepare for future; admit failures, celebrate success