By Tammy L. Lane Special to KyForward Junior Achievement of the Bluegrass’ plans for a JA BizTown/JA Finance Park in Lexington are right on track, with construction beginning in June and local schools piloting the facility late this fall. The venture, which will offer students hands-on experiences...
For over 20 years the Street Rod Nationals have taken over the Kentucky Exposition Center with over 10,000 classic cars and hot rods. Kentucky is a state defined by its history and noted for a number...
By Melissa Patrick Kentucky Health News If Kentucky could cut its smoking rate to the national average, it would save an estimated $1.7 billion on healthcare the following year, a study says. Kentucky’s...
By Berry Craig KyForward columnist First Lieutenant Frank Kolb and his infantry company went down in history as the first U.S. troops “to set foot on German ground” in World War II. The western Kentuckian...
Subscribe to Business
Hyatt Regency Lexington – Southern sophistication tucked in the heart of horse country has received a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence. Now in...
- More »
- Walmart hires more than 2,500 Kentucky veterans through Veterans Welcome Home Commitment
- Unemployment rates fell in 83 counties over past year; Woodford County the lowest
- State Workforce Development Cabinet announces statewide business meetings June schedule
- Alltech Ideas Conference: Investing in tomorrow leads to successful future
- Firestone Industrial Products in Williamsburg presented Governor’s Safety and Health Award
Subscribe to Government
Twenty-three law enforcement dispatchers graduated last week from the Public Safety Dispatch Academy at the Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice Training. The...
- More »
- Fish and Wildlife Department sets special events to highlight Free Fishing Weekend June 4-5
- Kentucky officials urge motorists to 'Click It' to stay safe while traveling over the holiday weekend
- Bevin appoints five new members to Kentucky Board of Education
- PSC sets Lexington public hearing on Kentucky-American Water rate increase request for June 7
- Bevin reorganizes Kentucky Horse Park Commission, announces six new members
Subscribe to Health
By Dr. Dawn Stratton Special to KyForward Shopping for eyeglasses can be fun and frustrating at the same time. To streamline the process, I have a new...
- More »
- CDC finds health problems are common at public pools; state requires health department inspections
- Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky seeking nominations for board, advisory committee
- Coach Colene: It's not enough to know what needs do be done -- here's how to take action
- Kentucky Rural Health Association sponsoring HPV Conference in Lexington
- U of L, James Graham Brown Cancer Center receive 33,000 tissue samples for oncology research
Subscribe to Philanthropy
Kentuckians can raise money for a worthy cause while sampling some of the Kentucky’s best bourbon, beer, wine and food at the annual Salato Sampler on...
- More »
- Fayette County Public Schools offers free meals for children through Summer Food Service Program
- Appalshop presents 30th annual Seedtime on the Cumberland Festival June 3-4
- Ayusa looking for Kentucky families to host high school international exchange students
- Fayette County schools combine to raise $17,000 for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society drive
- Kentucky River Foothills Development Council benefits from donations from Amazon
Subscribe to Education
By Tammy L. Lane Special to KyForward Junior Achievement of the Bluegrass’ plans for a JA BizTown/JA Finance Park in Lexington are right on track, with...
- More »
- Kentucky Farm Bureau offers statewide professional development workshops for educators in June
- Sergeant’s course produces 20 officers; three-week program focuses on leadership
- Real World Experience: UK accounting students make the most of wide-ranging internship
- Fayette County educational television station will air graduation ceremonies; DVD copies available
- UK professor Ruble turns passion for autism research into advocacy for improved services
Subscribe to Sports
The Kentucky men’s golf team’s bid to advance to match play at the NCAA Championship came up just short but that does not diminish its rise to become...
- More »
- Legends fall in10th to Grasshoppers; World Series Trophy coming to Whitaker Bank Ballpark
- Former UK track and field standout Harrison breaks U.S. record in 100-meter hurdles
- Kentucky to send 23 qualifiers to NCAA Track and Field Championship finale
- Vallot homers, knocks in six runs to key Legends to 11-8 victory over Hagerstown
- Kentucky Afield Outdoors: Declining amphibian population focus of new statewide study
Subscribe to News
By Melissa Patrick Kentucky Health News If Kentucky could cut its smoking rate to the national average, it would save an estimated $1.7 billion on healthcare...
- More »
- Lexington Cemetery to host patriotic Memorial Day observance; includes Camp Nelson Honor Guard
- Recanvass of votes in Kentucky Democratic Presidential Primary upholds Clinton win
- Health-insurance companies seek rate increases averaging 17 percent; failure of non-profit blamed
- Rural Blog: Drug firms shipping painkillers into Appalachia, closing pill mills not helping
- KYCIR: News of big payout to KCTCS former president draws outrage, investigation by state
Subscribe to Region/State
With the Memorial Day holiday signaling the start of summer and vacation season for Kentuckians, the Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) has strengthened...
- More »
- Jamie Vaught: Kentucky Mountain Laurel Festival crowns new queen in Connor Rose Cook
- Daily Yonder: Grieving miners gather to say goodbye after losing one of their own
- Deatherage started Hall of Fame for veterans who continued serving their country as civilians
- Former Breeders' Cup Festival director Prewitt selected to take over Kentucky Horse Park operations
- Schedule for Memorial Day ceremonies for state veterans cemeteries and nursing homes set
Subscribe to Living
For over 20 years the Street Rod Nationals have taken over the Kentucky Exposition Center with over 10,000 classic cars and hot rods. Kentucky is a state...
- More »
- Old Time Kentucky: 60 Minutes reporter Rooney got Kolb's wartime story straight, just not his name
- Chef Foster: Just in time for Memorial Day, some tips on preparing the perfect burger
- Your Kentucky Home: Decor for the high school and college graduates
- Keven Moore: Parenting advice from a recovering risk-taker (age makes things clearer -- if we survive)
- One-day tickets for Red White and Boom concert at Whitaker Bank Ballpark on sale June 3
Subscribe to Opinion
By Eli Capilouto Special to KyForward As our screens and feeds flash with sales and promos, and we plan the backyard barbeque with friends and family,...
- More »
- Commentary: Fight the mosquito bite to protect yourself against Zika virus at home and away
- Mike Denham: It is our duty to honor veterans, not only on Memorial Day, but every day
- Billy Reed: Conversation with Afghanistan women athletes, coaches brings fresh perspective
- Bill Straub: State Republican Congressional delegation changing tune in rush to support Trump
- Constance Alexander: Strategies to improving education should include value of lifelong learners