Monday, July 23, 2012
Women Leading Kentucky give scholarships to 12 students, New Opportunity School
Since starting the higher education Scholarship Program in 2001, Women Leading Kentucky has awarded more than $100,000 to deserving women throughout the Commonwealth. This year, eleven (11) students received awards of $1,500 each and one nonprofit has received $1000 for its scholarship fund.
2012 Scholarship Awards were presented to:
1. Haley Elizabeth Dyer,of Salyersville, a freshman at Morehead State;
2. Caitlin Farhat, of Louisville, is a sophomore at Morehead State University;
3. Sabrina Schatzman, of Erlanger, is a junior at the University of Louisville;
4. Christina Marti, of Louisville, is a junior at Georgetown College;
5. Lara Zavalza-Neeson, of Lexington, is a junior at Berea College;
6. Kelsey Sparks, of Florence, is a junior at Thomas More College;
7. Fahira Mehmedovic, of Louisville, is a sophomore at Bellarmine University;
8. Eriauna Stratton, of Louisville, is a sophomore at UK;
9. Kara Lester, of Lexington, is a junior at UK;
10. Lindsey Goetziner, of Verona, KY, is a junior at UK;
11. Maggie Yanting Chang, of Louisville, is a freshman at U of L;
12. The New Opportunity School for Women in Berea was awarded $1000 for its scholarship fund.
Women Leading Kentucky is a nonprofit organization helping women lead, learn, achieve and give back to community. It is committed to creating business and leadership opportunities for women, as well as undergraduate college scholarships for women in Kentucky’s leading higher education institution. For additional information, visit womenleadingky.com.