A nonprofit publication of the Kentucky Center for Public Service Journalism

Rent Arrears With No Tenancy Agreement

It can be a potentially difficult situation to have a tenant late, but as a landlord, there are certain methods that you can legally use to get money that a tenant needs or to scare away the tenant. The exact procedure depends on the lease and its terms. The fact that a landlord or tenant does not have a written tenancy agreement does not affect any of their legal rights. Both parties are still protected by law or by law. While managing rent arrears can be difficult, you need to act as quickly as possible. If you ignore your residue, the problem will only get worse. Hello! My friend and I rented a room, not a written contract, and we`ve been there for a few months. When we left the owner, he did not return the deposit, and he still hesitates on the pretext that he has no money, there is anyway that I can claim it? My friend was unemployed and we always paid the rent every month on time, we left the premises to pay the deposit elsewhere and after more than a month, the landlord still does not return the deposit. I rent a room to a `friend`, who had left a little recently, and her mother, in which the name is, was a complete cow. I feel like they 1. Ask me to take my clothes off or 2.Move my things while you`re on a work trip. Nothing was signed and no warrant was agreed, I said no later than 6 months. I pay a monthly levy on her account and she asked me to give her a month`s rent if I wanted to move.

Please tell me what my rights are, I`m afraid they will go to my room. Last night, while I was away, she even let her boyfriend sleep in my room without asking. I really need some advice. Thanks This could be either a termination or a message looking for possession, depending on the type of rent you have. The main exception is if you are an excluded occupant. You will be an excluded occupant if you share accommodations such as a kitchen or bathroom with your landlord. In this case, your landlord only has to ask you orally to leave the house. The rental court can help you if you have a problem with a tenant or landlord that you cannot solve yourself. The court will hear both sides of the argument and may issue a legally binding character…. I currently live in an apartment with a roommate and the owner who owned the apartment has been arrested and has not paid his mortgage or HIS HOA fees for some time.

Recent Posts

Comments are closed.